Delta table saw

Logan

Does anyone have any experience with this saw or know if it's good or bad. I've been looking at reviews and most of them seem good just wanted to get the CREWS opinion. 

or if you have any other table saw suggestions for $600 let me know

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DELTA-13-Amp-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/50081568

I think I'm the only one on here with the saw. It's been a good saw. I have bogged it down on 8/4 wood but on nothing less. I use a thin kerf rip blade on it. I have also over loaded the saw. Not sure if it is the actual saw or the power to the saw. But the saw will turn on but not spin. There is a reset button underneath the saw you hold in and all is fine. Not a big deal.

The fence is a beismeyer fence which is also great. It clamps down and doesn't come loose. I just replaced the left side of the fence with 80/20 extruded aluminum. There was a slight cup in the stock fence.

Last winter I out a router table and a storage box into it. The storage box is my favorite shop project to date aside from my workbench.

All in all I like the saw a lot and doesn't take up much more room than a contractor saw on a base. I would buy it again. Look for coupon codes to use online to save yourself some money. 10% off can be had which would save you the tax on it. 69886c9adf5b5808f0430f33506ff4f5.jpg15817fea30d265a541827a5105e65f69.jpgfcf4a06c07fe436016b6f03233a8a279.jpg616354513c013b8a33aed0f52b8432d2.jpg0537dc3690e9f273e11e684fd84e2eb8.jpga6496304ed3dbb549ca43cdd8de8b864.jpg232e8302f010a581c01c330da345e447.jpg345057034af04b3930c273b8149c2b25.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I've also got one. Had it for about a year or so and I am pretty happy with it..

No real issues other than it's taken a lot of fidgeting around to get it dialed in. I had to loosen the trunnion mounts to square up the motor, I've had to realign the squaring knobs on the fence a couple times to get it to stay straight after locking it down, and for some reason the sight glass on the measurement rail always seems to be off 16th but these are all small potatos.

I thought at one point i had a bent arbor, i checked the runout and it was in the 14 thou range (bad enough i could easily see the blade wobble) with a brand new diablo 80 T blade but after further investigation it turned out the blade was bent. Now I am getting 4 to 5 thou with a different blade which is under spec.

IMO in this price range I don't think you can do better as long as portability isn't a big deal

• Like 2

Well I stand corrected. I'm not the only one.

Something to note is the plate is so thin I didn't want to mess with making one for a dado stack or zero clearance. I bought the delta dado throat plate off Amazon. Put it in your cart and wait for the price to drop. I think I got it for $10 cheaper than normal price.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Well I stand corrected. I'm not the only one.

Something to note is the plate is so thin I didn't want to mess with making one for a dado stack or zero clearance. I bought the delta dado throat plate off Amazon. Put it in your cart and wait for the price to drop. I think I got it for $10 cheaper than normal price.

I just got done making a storage box mounted on the side for mine (thanks for the idea!) and am about to tackle making a zero clearance plate next. The way the plate sits in the table its gonna be iffy making it work since there really isn't a lip all the way around to hold the plate up but I'm gonna give it a whirl.

• Like 3

I just got done making a storage box mounted on the side for mine (thanks for the idea!) and am about to tackle making a zero clearance plate next. The way the plate sits in the table its gonna be iffy making it work since there really isn't a lip all the way around to hold the plate up but I'm gonna give it a whirl.

you're welcome. How do you like it so far? Pics of the box! 

• Like 1