4 Port Fast Charger

JakeDewalt

Seems like if you have 1 battery or 4 charging it will charge them all at the fast charge rate at the same time. Many times in multiport chargers you have some kind of drawback whether it can only charge one battery at a time or it will charge multiple batteries at a time but at a reduced rate. I like this charger. Put one to four 9.0's on the charger, wait 90 minutes and you got them all fully charged. The tough system compatibility is nice. It is nice to see some more specialty tough system items/compatible items get announced. I might consider getting this charger. I'm also looking at some of the other new tough system items like the drawer units and the cooler. 

2 hours ago, D W said:

I really don't know why the single port DCB118 yellow charger does not charge 12V batteries. Let me know if I'm wrong on this.

This 4 port looks great. 

Not sure why but they didn’t design it that way. I had to use my old charger for my 12v tools. I sold the whole lot two months ago. Great tools just too many 🤔

• Like 2

I'd hazard a guess and say they've used the internals from the portable power station? If I needed that much capacity, I'd be all over this, tis how all chargers should be made. I think the Hilti is similar, if not identical. 

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

Not sure why but they didn’t design it that way. I had to use my old charger for my 12v tools. I sold the whole lot two months ago. Great tools just too many 🤔

Not enough space. To support 12v batteries, they would need to add a second transformer (120v->12v). This take up space but they need that space in a fast charger for the fan. They could of course have made a bigger charger but I don't think people would have been happy about it. In a 4 bays charger, you have more than enough space to add a second transfomer so it's not a problem.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

Is it Tough System?

Yes but it can only be used as the top most unit on a tough system stack. You can't connect any boxes on top of the charger. You  can only connect boxes to the bottom of the charger. I am not sure if it can be put onto a tough system wall or van rack.