Dewalt oscillating tool at lowes ?

Jeth

I think Lowes.com screwed up putting the model number into Google only gets the Lowes page for the tool. This tool might be under a media embargo still oops. not like it really matters. Good work for Jeth finding this. he scooped all the major tool sites.

I think Lowes.com screwed up putting the model number into Google only gets the Lowes page for the tool. This tool might be under a media embargo still oops. not like it really matters. Good work for Jeth finding this. he scooped all the major tool sites.

Haha Do you think they could be in some trouble?

Still amazes me Dewalt was so late on the Multitool bandwagon they are what 3-4 years late compared to bosch and such right?

Yep, even Makita beat them to the punch by at least a year. Dewalt has started to slip a bit IMO. For probably 15 years they ruled the handheld power tool market and had the luxury of being able to release whatever they felt like, whenever they damn well felt like it, and their brand loyal customer base bought it regardless. They slipped up a couple of times recently though, and it hurt. Their first attempt at Lithium got them in a patent lawsuit that they ultimately lost and forced them back to square 1 and put them behind the competition. They bulked as long as possible on moving to a slide on style battery and ultimately saw the stem packs hinder their ability to keep up with the competition in regards to on board electronics and such. When they did FINALLY adopt a viable lithium slide on platform, it was clear they rushed it to market and were embarrassingly slow in filling out the lineup. They bought Porter Cable during all this as well, and while I can't say for certain what effect that had in this blunder, I can't imagine that it helped. To further add to Dewalt's problems, Milwaukee spent most of this period releasing nice tools in a stable, proven, lithium-ion, lineup, and then turned around and blew everyone away with the M12 line. It's like Milwaukee was in the 3rd turn of the Kentucky Derby while Dewalt was still at the starting gate taking a shit. When they finally jumped in the 12V race they fucked that up too as far as I'm concerned. Milwaukee screwed up with the V series stuff, but they realized it, dumped it, and moved on. Dewalt makes good stuff, they just need to get they're head out of their ass.

Dewalt domy head right in with some of the things they do.

Top of my what the hell you playing at? List is Why oh why oh why would you have your finish nailer on the old battery platform and the first fix nailer on the new one?

This for me would put someone out of a job at Dewalt because it is just stupid.

Yep, even Makita beat them to the punch by at least a year. Dewalt has started to slip a bit IMO. For probably 15 years they ruled the handheld power tool market and had the luxury of being able to release whatever they felt like, whenever they damn well felt like it, and their brand loyal customer base bought it regardless. They slipped up a couple of times recently though, and it hurt. Their first attempt at Lithium got them in a patent lawsuit that they ultimately lost and forced them back to square 1 and put them behind the competition. They bulked as long as possible on moving to a slide on style battery and ultimately saw the stem packs hinder their ability to keep up with the competition in regards to on board electronics and such. When they did FINALLY adopt a viable lithium slide on platform, it was clear they rushed it to market and were embarrassingly slow in filling out the lineup. They bought Porter Cable during all this as well, and while I can't say for certain what effect that had in this blunder, I can't imagine that it helped. To further add to Dewalt's problems, Milwaukee spent most of this period releasing nice tools in a stable, proven, lithium-ion, lineup, and then turned around and blew everyone away with the M12 line. It's like Milwaukee was in the 3rd turn of the Kentucky Derby while Dewalt was still at the starting gate taking a shit. When they finally jumped in the 12V race they fucked that up too as far as I'm concerned. Milwaukee screwed up with the V series stuff, but they realized it, dumped it, and moved on. Dewalt makes good stuff, they just need to get they're head out of their ass.

I could not have said it better.

You wouldn't happen to know what the patent issue was with the lithium batteries was? I know some one got some revenge because Dewalt was vicious at anyone releasing a radio charger that's why so few tools makers have one they don't want to pay the big fat royalty check to Dewalt. I heard the patent has ran out now, but now with having the compact M12 radio I don't want a huge boom box anymore it's small and easy to carry. One thing I would like to see from Milwaukee is a Multi battery charger like they have for the m18.

I don't remember all the details with the suit. I remember the University of Texas sued the supplier Dewalt was getting their cells from for patent enfringement. It technically only affected the now extinct 36V line, but undoubtedly set the whole cordless program back.

I like the M18 vac. It would be nice to have a corded option, but performance wise it's nice. The M18 radio is a different story. It looks nice, it sounds nice, but the AM/FM reception sucks.

When do you think we can expect an updated version of the radio Conductor?

When do you think we can expect an updated version of the radio Conductor?

Hard to say Chase. I don't look for one to be on the short list of priorities, but I'd think we'll see one in the next couple of years. The current model is nice if you use it with an iPod as I do, but the AM/FM reception is hit or miss. The M12 radio is nice and it doesn't seem to have the reception issue the M18 does. If I had it to do over I'd have went with the M12. It isn't as well protected as the M18, but in a shop environment it really doesn't need to be.

Hard to say Chase. I don't look for one to be on the short list of priorities, but I'd think we'll see one in the next couple of years. The current model is nice if you use it with an iPod as I do, but the AM/FM reception is hit or miss. The M12 radio is nice and it doesn't seem to have the reception issue the M18 does. If I had it to do over I'd have went with the M12. It isn't as well protected as the M18, but in a shop environment it really doesn't need to be.

Yea that's the tough call the M12 or Boombox. The M12 is nice that it is possible to put in a case for storage and movement. My complaint on the M12 radio is it needs an ac to dc adapter if you want to plug it in the wall. I never do that anyways the batteries always end being good enough. I don't think Milwaukee will ever come out with a jobsite radio as nice as the Bosch Power box no one really comes close to how feature rich and durablity. Like conductor mentioned its probably going to be at least a year this model is getting older I would love to see bluetooth or wifi fore better music streaming  in the new model.

Yea that's the tough call the M12 or Boombox. The M12 is nice that it is possible to put in a case for storage and movement. My complaint on the M12 radio is it needs an ac to dc adapter if you want to plug it in the wall. I never do that anyways the batteries always end being good enough. I don't think Milwaukee will ever come out with a jobsite radio as nice as the Bosch Power box no one really comes close to how feature rich and durablity. Like conductor mentioned its probably going to be at least a year this model is getting older I would love to see bluetooth or wifi fore better music streaming  in the new model.

That would be something if a jobsite radio was released with a wifi router....