Lowes Run

firefighter4187

I went to lowes today, i am happy and pissed off at the same time, im pissed off because Lowes has brought in china southwire which is complete shit compared to knipex greenlee, i am happy because all the knipex greenlee is on clearence. I got this insulated sethttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000X4PV0C for $39!! Regular price 108, i basically stole it, should i sell it or keep it, and i also picked up some of the deft semi gloss laquer.

• Like 1

I own a set of 6 insulated screwdrivers all from canadian tire that I paid 14.99 for and are tested up to 1000V... Some of the electricians at work use them and seem to like them... 

Guess the whole paying big money for hand tools like that is not my thing... Getting them on sale sure but not worth it to me regular price... 

WOW! You stole those pliers for $39! Knipex are some of, if not the, highest quality pliers made. They've been around since fucking Chester A. Arthur was President (seriously). I buy Channellock because I have a bazillion of them and the are USA made in a neighboring State, but in all honesty, Knipex is a better plier. They have insane quality control and it shows. I have a couple pair of Knipex, they're the 2 best pairs of pliers I own. Awesome score man!

I own a set of 6 insulated screwdrivers all from canadian tire that I paid 14.99 for and are tested up to 1000V... Some of the electricians at work use them and seem to like them...

Guess the whole paying big money for hand tools like that is not my thing... Getting them on sale sure but not worth it to me regular price...

Now I admit I'm a hand tool guy, but if you buy high quality hand tools your grand kids will be using them.

I was going to run to my local Lowes when I heard about this deal going on but I think some one bought all of the stock they had. I can see why you would want to do that Knipex commands a pretty penny you can make some nice cash reselling them.

Yeah What do you guys think, I usually try and go once a week but I havent been in a while and finally went to day to catch some sales, and I walk arounf the corner and find the Southwire shit, has CHINESE written all over it, they had very few green lee knipex stuff left,this set was the last set, actually the last Knipex there, there were a couple of greenlee screwdrivers, Atleast they are keeping some of the channel lock stuff in the tool world section with the other pliers.

Yea, Southwire has been around for a long time. They make quality wire, but as it pertains to tools, Lowe's just picked their name to use under license. They can sell Southwire for less and still make more per unit than they did selling quality stuff. The Southwire stuff isn't all that cheap from what I saw in my 3 minute observation.

I went to lowes today, i am happy and pissed off at the same time, im pissed off because Lowes has brought in china southwire which is complete shit compared to knipex greenlee, i am happy because all the knipex greenlee is on clearence. I got this insulated sethttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000X4PV0C for $39!! Regular price 108, i basically stole it, should i sell it or keep it, and i also picked up some of the deft semi gloss laquer.

Nice score Chase! I never seem to have any luck finding good deals like this.

Yea, Southwire has been around for a long time. They make quality wire, but as it pertains to tools, Lowe's just picked their name to use under license. They can sell Southwire for less and still make more per unit than they did selling quality stuff. The Southwire stuff isn't all that cheap from what I saw in my 3 minute observation.

You got that right it aint cheap, I have a picture of the section but I cant get it to upload....

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find a Lowes around me with the 5 piece set I was stoked when I saw it there. All I need now is some Demo screw drivers and I'm pretty well set on Hand Tools. The wish list item is some nice high quality ratcheting wrenches but its not a priority for me at the moment.