DCF887 Replacement Finally. DCF850 (European Model)

Jronman

DeWALT is releasing a new Impact driver with essentially the same specs as the 887. According to the specs sticker on the tool, it has a bit more ipm but otherwise the same specs. The biggest difference is the size. The tool is now 4 inches from back to front. So small that the battery sticks out farther than the chuck. Shortest impact that I know of. In my search I found no impact that was as short as the DeWALT. The tool has xr branding but apparently it is an atomic tool. The picture shows no Atomic branding. It was pictures of a European model which might have different branding than North America. Travis from Tools by design made a post about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSzaFkxnWVw/

• Like 1

• Jronman changed the title to DCF887 Replacement Finally. DCF850 (European Model)

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Click save and a side by each of new DCF850 to a DCF887. FWIW, here is my DCF887 topic.

Eyeball measurement looks identical dimension from trigger face to rear surface.

Everything else got smaller. The gear box behind the chuck is smaller and the motor is smaller.

Interesting that there is now a couple degree head tilt, likely so the battery doesn't prevent the head from reaching the work surface.

Nice job DeWALT!

51396020641_bea508a5c9_z.jpg

46587101191_5a8dd0a416_b.jpg

• Like 1