Favorite Coffee?

fm2176

What's your favorite coffee brand, and/or blend?  I'm a fan of Community Coffee as it supports the Baton Rouge area, and love finding it at pit stops (such as Stripling's General Store which was a regular stop when we had the previous project house in Georgia), with the occasional bag being bought for the house and all of our coffee stored in a Community Coffee Fresh-O-Later. 

Otherwise, I simply drink whatever is available when on the road, probably a trait inherited from my father, a lifelong trucker.  Strong, weak, or hours old, I drink it black without sugar.

At home, though, we mostly drink Folgers Classic.  I have a subscription to Black Rifle Coffee, but as I type this there's some Folgers in the pot waiting for our trip to The Home Depot in a bit.  Gotta stay caffeinated while shopping doors for the flipper project.

• Haha 1

Coffee?  Great question.  At home, I am a fan of Dunkin Donuts and that is my go to.  I recently bought Bulletproof, but I am too cheap and it expensive.  I have it but only drink once in a while.  If I am on the road, I can really do any gas station coffee and I am fine.  I will go to Dunkin Donuts to get coffee when I am out, but the coffee is expensive so it's just occasionally.  I will hit up McDonalds sometimes if that is all that is around.  Not a fan of the Starbucks.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I drink Kcup coffee at home and I use to love the Starbucks Pikes Place coffee but it started tearing up my stomach. I recently switched to the Caribou medium roast Kcups and it's a lot easier on my stomach.

I went through so many K-Cups at Bagram that my wife bought me a Keurig when I returned.  Twelve hour shifts seven days a week does that to you, and I eventually ordered a Community Coffee subscription along with a reusable K-Cup.  

One type of coffee I forgot to mention is chicory coffee like Cafe Du Monde (CDM).  I'll make Au Lait for the family on occasion, but usually drink my CDM black like I do regular coffee.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 9:41 AM, Eric - TIA said:

Coffee?  Great question.  At home, I am a fan of Dunkin Donuts and that is my go to.  I recently bought Bulletproof, but I am too cheap and it expensive.  I have it but only drink once in a while.  If I am on the road, I can really do any gas station coffee and I am fine.  I will go to Dunkin Donuts to get coffee when I am out, but the coffee is expensive so it's just occasionally.  I will hit up McDonalds sometimes if that is all that is around.  Not a fan of the Starbucks.

I'm not a Starbucks fan either, in fact I usually grab a nice cup of gas station coffee if I'm with someone headed there, and make a point to bring my Circle K or 7-11 coffee inside.  Both Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks have contracts with Army installations, and I work less than a block from both (on the now rare occasion I actually go to the office) but have yet to visit either.  

Quick coffee story: Drill Sergeant School is nine weeks, with morning formations often taking place at 0530 or earlier.  I think it's all part of "The Game", because class leadership swaps weekly and the Drill Sergeant Leaders (instructors) give the week's Platoon Sergeant the following day's timeline late in the day and will sometimes change it.  This actually prepares us for the upcoming job, as each week in Basic Training is the responsibility of a different Drill Sergeant and is prone to changes due to weather or outside support.  We backwards plan based on training events, and downtime is little to none early in each training cycle. 

Anyway, after PT we usually had 5-15 minutes to conduct hygiene prior to breakfast formation.  I'd run to the barracks room, turn on the Keurig, take a 1 minute shower, brew the coffee while changing, then mix the coffee with cold water and slam it.  I'd get to formation early and when my peers complained of having no time to even shower I'd brag about not only getting in a shower but also already having coffee.  Fun times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...