Do I need this tool?

Gurfin888

Hello! I am planning on buying a Milwauke 3/8 m12 standard ratchet kit for working on cars as a "DIYer". The kit includes a battery and charger which got me thinking if its worth getting the well known m12 stubby impact as well. I currently have the DeWalt dcf894 impact wrench as well as a dcf850 impact driver, which I use for small bolts and screws. My dilemma is that I don't know if it's worth getting the m12 stubby, when I already have the tools I do. Thanks in advance for advice!

If you think you need and and can afford it, go for it!  The DCF850 has 1825 in-lbs of torque, or slightly over 150 ft-lbs.  The DCF894 advertises 330 ft-lbs, while the M12 3/8" stubby is between those with 250 ft-lbs.  

The 3/8" ratchet is nice, I've owned one for a few years now and it sees much more use than my 1/2" Fuel.

23 hours ago, Gurfin888 said:

Hello! I am planning on buying a Milwauke 3/8 m12 standard ratchet kit for working on cars as a "DIYer". The kit includes a battery and charger which got me thinking if its worth getting the well known m12 stubby impact as well. I currently have the DeWalt dcf894 impact wrench as well as a dcf850 impact driver, which I use for small bolts and screws. My dilemma is that I don't know if it's worth getting the m12 stubby, when I already have the tools I do. Thanks in advance for advice!

If you are not already in the m12 line you might be interested in waiting for the DeWALT ratchet to arrive. I'm not sure on eta for when it will go on sale but it have been unveiled to some extent. As much as I would want to get into more battery platforms I know it is not for everyone.