Are we going to see a professional cordless glue gun made by major brands?! Finally...

Altan

I have seen some using adapters for some glue guns made by some less known brands to use their DeWALT/Makita/Milwaukee batteries with and a brand making compatible glue guns working with DeWALT and Makita batteries, but none of these major brands have made their own cordless glue guns. Today I saw a photo in CAS (Cordless Alliance System) website that Steinel has a cordless glue gun which is not announced, yet. Probably we will see it in 2022. I have seen a corded glue gun from Steinel which looks exactly the same as this tool just with a wire connected to that. I have circled the tool in the photo with yellow colour. So it means we will finally see a professional glue gun from one of these major brands and probably others will follow soon!

Steinel Cordless Glue Gun.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Does Ryobi’s glue gun not count?

The OP is in the UK, and I think that Ryobi is a US Home Depot exclusive, but otherwise I agree that the Ryobi glue gun is great.  I use mine frequently (often for pranks like gluing gifts and food containers).  My current one doesn't feed as well as the first one (gifted to my son), but still works well once you figure out its nuances.  I also have the mini glue gun, which is nice but obviously caters to small projects.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Does Ryobi’s glue gun not count?

For me Ryobi is not a professional brand, To be a professional brand either you have to make extra quality tools like Festool and Rems or to have a huge range of tools like DeWALT, Makita, Milwaukee and Metabo (CAS). Ryobi doesn't have battery compatibility with other brands also.

On 3/17/2022 at 8:29 AM, Altan said:

For me Ryobi is not a professional brand, To be a professional brand either you have to make extra quality tools like Festool and Rems or to have a huge range of tools like DeWALT, Makita, Milwaukee and Metabo (CAS). Ryobi doesn't have battery compatibility with other brands also.

I can agree that Ryobi isn’t considered a Pro brand, but there are Pros stateside that do employ some of their tools on the job. And they do have an extensive line of tools. They are slowly improving their status as a great tool company.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fyrfytr998 said:

I can agree that Ryobi isn’t considered a Pro brand, but there are Pros stateside that do employ some of their tools on the job. And they do have an extensive line of tools. They are slowly improving their status as a great tool company.

I agree, I see they are working on the brand, but I think it would take another 5 years for that brand to be considered as a pro brand.