Flex Debuts Their New Batteries

fyrfytr998

So for the second year in a row Flex has put on a dog and pony show that features “Head to Head” competition against other tools. Only this time around, it wasn’t only Milwaukee they were beating up on. In what I’m sure were totally fair displays, Flex took on not only Milwaukee, but also DeWalt and Makita (Saw only). In fact they doubled up on DeWalt by going against both the DeWalt Power Stack and XR battery platforms.

Now I won’t fault Flex for being over the top. After all they have a product line to sell. Damn though! It got to the point that it was Ron Popiel/Billie Mays levels of salesmanship, but just short of the Slap Chop guy. I’ll reserve my judgement until the numerous Tooltubers I watch start doing unbiased testing of these new offerings. Anywho….here are some pics of the new battery specs. There were some new tools, storage, and accessory options, but they were nothing to write home about. Nor the kind of things specialty trades would be seeking.

8AC30362-C76D-4505-98C7-4A7712091600.jpeg

9509F4F3-A77C-4E68-A0A9-E630BD6B5CD2.jpeg

I haven't seen the video, but can easily imagine how it was.  I've seen enough power tool marketing videos to know that the competition is usually stacked in favor of the brand being promoted.  

Flex has an uphill battle, as DeWalt and Milwaukee seem to be by far the most popular professional brands.  

• Like 1