Offset multi tool issue

Anthony75

Hi wondering if someone can shed some light on an issue I noticed on my 356 multi tool . Tonight I used for the first  time and noticed the wood blade that came with it ( I bought the kit) is not straight … it locks in at slight angle . I put the sanding head ( triangular ) on and it’s also off. Is this the norm ? This is my first use of a multi tool . It seems odd . I did make sure I was properly seated . Thanks I’m advance .

15 hours ago, Anthony75 said:

Hi wondering if someone can shed some light on an issue I noticed on my 356 multi tool . Tonight I used for the first  time and noticed the wood blade that came with it ( I bought the kit) is not straight … it locks in at slight angle . I put the sanding head ( triangular ) on and it’s also off. Is this the norm ? This is my first use of a multi tool . It seems odd . I did make sure I was properly seated . Thanks I’m advance .

Most of DeWALT multi tool blades are not straight, most of the ones they make in China and some they make in US. They have a problem with keeping two pieces in straight position before doing the spot welding, some machining issue that they have to fix. I also noticed in most of their blades the teeth are not symmetric also if you compare the left and right you will notice it. The Diablo Swiss made blades for Bosch, Makita and Fein do not have these issues. So DeWALT in making multi tool blades is a loser from my point of view. You can get DeWALT compatible multi tool blades from Diablo also. 

15 hours ago, Anthony75 said:

If I get some time I will take some photos to show it clearly. 

14 minutes ago, wingless said:

Welcome to the forum.

The OMT moves the blade back and forth and will stop the blade at some point on that arc (random or naturally at one point). That stopping point may or may not have the blade straight.

Mine is close enough to straight.

That is also an issue with DCS455 or DSC356 but the problem is mainly with the blades, not with the tool. 

Thanks everyone I appreciate the input. I was at my nephews and he has the Atomic multi tool . We put my Dewalt blade on his and it went on and looked straight . We started it and stopped it and it did stop at different points in the arc. I guess my lack of experience with this tool got me worried . Thank you all again .