Craftsman’s New Power Inverter

Hundreds of useless tools, more than 20-30 different type of drills from DeWALT or Craftsman, different types of jigsaws, circular saws, but not a cordless tile saw for DeWALT platform, not a full range of Toughsystem boxes and organisers, not a single type of rebar tier, and hundreds of others. With little modifications they do on some tools they claim they have made  new tools! Come on SBD!  

Something like this has its uses.  I have the Ryobi inverter and like the fact I can charge a laptop on the go, or power something small.  These are also good for keeping devices at a healthy battery life if on a long trip on public transportation or chartered buses.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fm2176 said:

Something like this has its uses.  I have the Ryobi inverter and like the fact I can charge a laptop on the go, or power something small.  These are also good for keeping devices at a healthy battery life if on a long trip on public transportation or chartered buses.  

I know these have their own use, but they are not priority for tool users in general.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Altan said:

Hundreds of useless tools, more than 20-30 different type of drills from DeWALT or Craftsman, different types of jigsaws, circular saws, but not a cordless tile saw for DeWALT platform, not a full range of Toughsystem boxes and organisers, not a single type of rebar tier, and hundreds of others. With little modifications they do on some tools they claim they have made  new tools! Come on SBD!  

That’s not Craftsman wheelhouse or aim currently. I think they want Red to take on the Neon Green for DIY markets.

20 minutes ago, fyrfytr998 said:

That’s not Craftsman wheelhouse or aim currently. I think they want Red to take on the Neon Green for DIY markets.

It sure does look like it.  SBD wants the DeWalt/Milwaukee rivalry to continue, with Craftsman trying to take to reigns from Ryobi as that less expensive brand with the niche products.  I wonder if they (SBD) have a Ridgid competitor in mind, though that brand (which I own more than a few tools in) seems to be almost an afterthought with the LSA being the biggest selling point.

2 minutes ago, fm2176 said:

It sure does look like it.  SBD wants the DeWalt/Milwaukee rivalry to continue, with Craftsman trying to take to reigns from Ryobi as that less expensive brand with the niche products.  I wonder if they (SBD) have a Ridgid competitor in mind, though that brand (which I own more than a few tools in) seems to be almost an afterthought with the LSA being the biggest selling point.

I think SBD doesn’t care about Ridgid since in Lowes, that slot is occupied by Kobalt. I think SBD is smart to focus on Pro Grade and DIY and let others deal with prosumer class.

• Like 1