More Craftsman V20 Newness Hitting the Shelves

Looks decent.  I have a Ryobi rotary tool that looks similar in function, as well as a Hitachi version without the cord.  The V20 cutout tool is probably based on the DeWalt, which I've had for about six years.  The DeWalt is a great tool; it definitely beats trying to cut out holes for electrical boxes with a jab saw or utility knife.

I saw the fan on ToolGuyd.  It looks promising, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was released as competition for the Ryobi clamp fan.  Different styles, to be sure, but it looks to be roughly the same size.  I still have a bunch of the Ryobi ones lying around from a misguided attempt at selling a few.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fm2176 said:

Looks decent.  I have a Ryobi rotary tool that looks similar in function, as well as a Hitachi version without the cord.  The V20 cutout tool is probably based on the DeWalt, which I've had for about six years.  The DeWalt is a great tool; it definitely beats trying to cut out holes for electrical boxes with a jab saw or utility knife.

I saw the fan on ToolGuyd.  It looks promising, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was released as competition for the Ryobi clamp fan.  Different styles, to be sure, but it looks to be roughly the same size.  I still have a bunch of the Ryobi ones lying around from a misguided attempt at selling a few.  

I think maybe Craftsman is turning the corner to begin a run at Ryobi, and all the laziness SBD showed in the initial roll out by cloning everything is stopping.

As for the cut out tool, I just don’t see where I would use it over an OSM.