Die Grinder Question?

Tommy29

Hi, Im new here so please mind me if I have posted this in the wrong area, I have been looking at buying a die grinder and found some resources wondering what you guys think about the selections they made and whether it looks good? 

I personally like the top rated one they have listed but would like to here some thoughts from you guys, https://toolsvio.com/best-electric-die-grinder/ let me know what you guys think of it. Definitely liking the idea of buying it off amazon because if its ease of return. Let me know 

Thanks

Tommy

Welcome to the forum.

Used both the straight and the right angle air powered die grinder for hours and hours, Never considered any form of electric until just now having examined the link.

The DeWALT looks nice. It is MUCH larger than the air powered tools, so I think that is a distinct disadvantage. The cordless operation is a big advantage. 

All of my die grinding projects were continuous usage for extended periods, that would require multiple battery packs sitting on chargers. Not an issue for me personally.

From a spec, a vendor and a manufacturer perspective, all look good to me.

Please report on results.

Thanks for that wingless, ill for sure have a look at it and let you know. Electric I have found to be relatively reliable in current times in contrast to the past.

Ill let you know if I purchase one and how it goes! Reasonable prices too.

13 hours ago, Tommy29 said:

Thanks for that wingless, ill for sure have a look at it and let you know. Electric I have found to be relatively reliable in current times in contrast to the past.

Ill let you know if I purchase one and how it goes! Reasonable prices too.

Going off my last project that I used my cordless grinder with sustained usage. In order for me to work with no interruption required alternating between five 4ah batteries on fast chargers.

Don't know if you need to run continuously, but that's what it took. And by the time I was done, I wish I had bought a corded grinder instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fyrfytr998 said:

Going off my last project that I used my cordless grinder with sustained usage. In order for me to work with no interruption required alternating between five 4ah batteries on fast chargers.

Don't know if you need to run continuously, but that's what it took. And by the time I was done, I wish I had bought a corded grinder instead.

It sucks lemons through a garden hose when waiting for a tool to recover is required.

My experiences were also continuous straight and right angle die grinder usage for multiple days for the projects on which I was working.