Skilsaw circular saws are totally pro!!

I have been using the typical tools in construction with mostly Makita and Milwaukee lithium battery tools and DeWalt corded tools.

But my aluminum 77 circular saw and magnesium Sawsquatch are really just as good in every way as the big three pro tools.

Honestly at first I thought they were good tools that I favor as top home user tools, but with real life jobsite usage, I now say confidently that these are pro.

The only other high end home user tools that I would consider pro stuff are the Ridgid tools and accessories.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 5:10 AM, 65refinyellow said:

I have been using the typical tools in construction with mostly Makita and Milwaukee lithium battery tools and DeWalt corded tools.

But my aluminum 77 circular saw and magnesium Sawsquatch are really just as good in every way as the big three pro tools.

Honestly at first I thought they were good tools that I favor as top home user tools, but with real life jobsite usage,, I now say confidently that these are pro.

The only other high end home user tools that I would consider pro stuff are the Ridgid tools and accessories.

Thanks for sharing your equipment information. I also love using Ridgid products.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's my understanding that Skilsaw is still considered pro level, while the Skil brand is prosumer or higher level homeowner tools, but I could very well be wrong.  ToolGuyd did cover the seeming difference between brand identities years ago, though.

I consider Ridgid to be a niche pro tool brand, or at least their cordless stuff.  Their jobsite boxes are in the back of a lot of pickups and, while Packout and ToughSystem boxes are widely seen now, a few years ago their modular boxes seemed really popular with contractors.  To me, the newer styling of the Ridgid 18v tools looks a bit "cheaper" than the previous Octane, Gen5X and even X4 tools.  I own a number of those three generations of the platform and they are mostly beasts.  Larger and heavier than their M18 counterparts but fully their rivals otherwise.  Similarly, Ridgid released some products that most other brands simply haven't.  They haven't released a tripod light that I know of, but they have their tripod stand, which is perfect for mounting a few different styles of light to.  They had a buoy style light that's heavy but self rights itself if knocked over on the job site.

While I consider Milwaukee to be the premium brand marketed by TTI, I think Ridgid caters to those wanting performance while getting the service agreement and spending a little less than they would buying Red tools.

• 2 months later...