DeWALT has listened to me after a half decade! looool

Altan

Looks nice, though I agree with the thumbs down for lack of TS 1.0 compatibility.  I bought the 2.0 version a few years back but have yet to do anything with the boxes.  My Ridgid Pro Gear and first-gen ToughSystem boxes are well used, while the Packout, ToughSystem 2.0, and Craftsman VersaStak and TradeStak boxes still need to be organized.

I saw the charger in the top picture on ToolGuyd yesterday.  DeWalt is definitely serious about making the most of their TS 2.0 system, probably partially due to Milwaukee's proliferation of Packout boxes and accessories.  I wonder if they'll be updating the Power Station.  I love mine and have no need to replace it, but it could use a redesign with more modern features (even a USB outlet would be nice).

Yeah kinda disappointed the racking systems are all but forgotten and the locking mechanism for the DS Carrier is gone too on 2.0 boxes. Dewalt could have figured out a way to make everything compatible with the racking and locking features of 1.0 but didn't. the cord reel if you use corded tools seems quite handy. I probably don't have a use for it since most of my tools are cordless now. Also my main corded tool is my Festool CT 48 dust extractor which has a pass through for any corded tool connected to it. In most cases I don't need an extension cord. I like that half width open top box. Sometimes the full width open top box is too much.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Yeah kinda disappointed the racking systems are all but forgotten and the locking mechanism for the DS Carrier is gone too on 2.0 boxes. Dewalt could have figured out a way to make everything compatible with the racking and locking features of 1.0 but didn't. the cord reel if you use corded tools seems quite handy. I probably don't have a use for it since most of my tools are cordless now. Also my main corded tool is my Festool CT 48 dust extractor which has a pass through for any corded tool connected to it. In most cases I don't need an extension cord. I like that half width open top box. Sometimes the full width open top box is too much.

I like to have the option for corded tools, If you want to work on concrete or metal for long time cordless tool can be a headache. I like the power reel and everything to be stackable at the end of the day.