Menards: Why They're Successful

fm2176

Figured I'd share this, as I've been known to visit a home improvement store or two but due to geographical location have never visited Menards.

Whenever the family and I plan a vacation to the Midwest, they'll be doing their thing.  I'll be looking up the nearest Menards... 😄

I live in the Midwest and we have Menards by us.  This video is dead on and thanks for sharing.  

I am a fan of Menards and like going there because you never know what you will find, what hidden gem.  As long as you know they don't have top quality for everything.  For power tools, they have Bosch and their house brand, Masterforce.  For the money, Masterforce is good for the money.

My favorite thing about Menards besides price and huge variety, is their wood.  Lowes and Home Depot can't even come close to the variety of lumber.  Even when you look at common lumber, the quality of lumber at Menards is much better.  Let digging through crap wood at Menards.

Thanks for sharingf, that is awesome.

• Like 1

I live in Chicagoland suburbs, and Lowes has the best quality, HD second and Menards is the cheapest in price but product quality is in question. Wood, Menards has the largest variety but the hardest time finding pieces that are not garbage. Fm2176 what you will find though is Menards sell way more non- home improvement store items than the other 2 combined. You name it dog food, deodorant, clothes, furniture, groceries, etc.

• Like 1

The video mentions the groceries and other items.  The more I hear about the chain, the more I think that our local family-owned home improvement chain, Stine, is not too dissimilar.  Granted, Stine has only 11 locations, all in Louisiana, but they too sell some things that just can't be found at the two big chains.  Well, except for groceries...

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2023 at 9:21 AM, Eric - TIA said:

LO, I never heard of Stine.  However, when I went to the website, the colors, the products, etc all look very similar.  Crazy, I wonder if there is a connection or just a coincident.  Stine looks like a great store.

I think it's just a coincidence.  Stine is a nice place to stop by when I'm in the area.  Their closest store is maybe ten miles from me, so much closer than the Lowe's in Baton Rouge, and a little farther than the Home Depot in my town.