Redesigned 12v CXS and TXS

Jronman

Festool just had an event and announced a major redesign to the 12v CXS and TXS. It looks to have a new battery pack more akin to the current 18v design but smaller. It even has a fuel display. The stand out feature to me is the 12v drills are now compatible with the 18v chucks meaning chucks are now completely compatible across the entire Festool drill lineup. I think that is a great move because you don't have to buy a bunch of chucks that work with only one model of drill.

There was also a new cordless saw using two batteries like the Kapex but with a fence that is very different. The fence has the ability to angle almost more like a metal cutting saw but it seemed more like a wood cutting saw but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Jronman said:

Festool just had an event and announced a major redesign to the 12v CXS and TXS. It looks to have a new battery pack more akin to the current 18v design but smaller. It even has a fuel display. The stand out feature to me is the 12v drills are now compatible with the 18v chucks meaning chucks are now completely compatible across the entire Festool drill lineup. I think that is a great move because you don't have to buy a bunch of chucks that work with only one model of drill.

Any photo?

Festool is good but very slow. It has been 5 years now that I am waiting for their cordless router and planer. 

These two are the main thing they should make as cordless if they claim they are a woodworking tool company. Now I am hunting Bosch 12V cordless tools that are made in Hungary and Germany. New Apmshare tools of Fein also made in Germany and all with Bosch batteries. Festool does not want to join a battery alliance even though their range is limited, I want to have the possibility of using less batteries with Western made tools. 

Festool can be slow at times but their cordless lineup is much larger than it used to be. The nice thing is the new batteries work with the 18v chargers meaning the 18v, 18v ergo, and new 12v batteries only need one charger type. DeWALT also has this feature on some chargers. I have a few Festool 18v batteries and I feel they fit really nice and better than more popular brands. The DeWALT batteries I have have a good amount of play in them when connected. I might even like to see the Festool battery be the standardized battery system but that won't happen and there might even be better options out there I have not tried.

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

Festool can be slow at times but their cordless lineup is much larger than it used to be. The nice thing is the new batteries work with the 18v chargers meaning the 18v, 18v ergo, and new 12v batteries only need one charger type. DeWALT also has this feature on some chargers. I have a few Festool 18v batteries and I feel they fit really nice and better than more popular brands. The DeWALT batteries I have have a good amount of play in them when connected. I might even like to see the Festool battery be the standardized battery system but that won't happen and there might even be better options out there I have not tried.

Also Metabo's chargers accept 12V, 18V and 36V batteries. I agree that Festool recently introduced cordless Kapex and a cordless Table saw, plus a few cordless vacs, but they should make the cordless planer and router first not the reciprocating saw! I don't like that their cordless sand machines have another style of batteries. They have their own issues. Currently I am into AmpShare tools with Bosch batteries as I can get a lot of German made tools in that platform, also the CAS platform from Metabo, but I don't like their LiHD batteries as they are big compared to Makita, DeWALT and Bosch 5Ah batteries, This is the biggest size of battery I accept for power tools.