new Makita SP6000 Track Saw

csonni

Good morning.  Was just setting up my 55 inch track to do the initial cut of the rubber splinter guard and found the saw to wobble until the back guide entered the track.  I ended up cutting 2 extensions for the entry and exit to get the rubber cut without any wobbling.  I brad nailed them down to the work material.

Before doing the initial cut, I've seen some posts on adjusting the toe in of the blade.  Is the front of the blade suppose to contact the work material a bit more than the back?  Have many of you Makita track saw users bothered even checking it before using?  There are 4 adjusting screws under the base.  Not sure if that should be a concern or not before using.

Well, after all that work of cutting extensions, I did my first initial cut and the blade came right against the rubber splinter guard without cutting it as if it was already done at the factory.  The cut in the work material was directly underneath the rubber edge.  Anyone else have this already done for them on their new tracks?

Ideally I start the entire saw on the guide rail to prevent this issue. I understand that sometimes the rail is barely long enough and you gotta do what you gotta do. the first inch or so on each end of the guide rail I didn't worry about cutting with the saw. I haven't had a precut splinter guard before. I'm surprised this was done because the splinter guard should be calibrated with the blade you are using and not the blade the factory wants you to use.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 5:52 PM, Jronman said:

I haven't had a precut splinter guard before. I'm surprised this was done because the splinter guard should be calibrated with the blade you are using and not the blade the factory wants you to use.

Strange indeed.  I have no issue with using the blade it came with but still.....I would've preferred that they left it alone.