Different Brands

Nick101

My experience is when having cordless stuff, it is best to stick to one brand.  That way most likely one model of battery will fit all the tools.

Approx. 1/2 of the other construction guys (in various trades) I come into contact with insist on Dewalt making the best cordless tools & Milwaukee making the best corded stuff.  I stick to Dewalt with all my power tools.  But I do see a lot of guys carry several different brands of power tools, they must have just bought whatever was on sale that day. 

Milwaukee seems to have a very good reputation on some certain corded tools. Like Hilti have a very strong name in concrete applications. But problem with Hilti is that they seems to charge a lot just for the name.

Recently I bought a Dewalt D25602K combi hammer and must say I´m very happy with that purchase. Feels very modern and compact due to the power and are a easy tool to use.

A Hilti in the same powerrange cost about the double and to me it was easy to pick the Dewalt over the Hilti. The Hilti is just not worth the money. And also, Dewalt seems to have put a lot of effort into these new combihammers and I´m not sure that the Hilti tool is any better even though they cost much much more.

Archived