Corded vs cordless

Nick101

The big thing is I'm wanting to expand my tool collection, but not working a high paying job and corded tools are alot cheaper.

What are your guys thoughts on corded vs cordless. like no matter what you need to be around power, so...

sorry last minute post before bed kinda unorganized.

You pretty much summed it up; corded has to have a cord, cordless has more freedom.  Corded tools have more overall power than cordless tools, but cordless tools have plenty of power for most applications.  If you are wanting the cheapest way to get quality tools, than corded is the way to go.  At the end of the day it comes down to what works best for you. That includes your budget, intended applications, future tool expansion, etc.  Sorry to say, but there really is not a cookie cutter answer that fits all people.  At the end of the day, most users have both corded and cordless.  Good luck in choosing though!

No that's pretty much what i was looking for... like i'm working 40hours a week at $10.50 an hour. so price is a big thing for me.

I pretty good a making some different 2by4 shelving units (regular shelve unit, work bench, and a specialty power tool shelve unit(Has speacific shelf for chargers)and working on some more designs) and would like to sell them for some extra cash, so my own tools is a big thing. can't be using my dads all the time.

Thanks a lot KJONES

Thanks a lot KJONES

No problem!  I am happy to help when able!  If you have any model specific questions, or anything else, there are a lot of great resources on here.  So shout the questions out! 

Good luck with your shelving business, I hope that you are successful!

Archived