2011 - Continued Commitment to 18V Cordless Tools

kanxrus

2011 - Continued Commitment to 18V Cordless Tools

This fall we launched our new line of DEWALT 20V MAX* cordless tools, which feature a new slide-pack lithium ion battery system. With the new battery system, we are able to take advantage of the benefits of lithium ion technology so that professionals experience the power they need in an ergonomic, compact package. The new battery configuration also contributes to a more comfortable handle design for optimum balance and control.

While DEWALT is excited to offer our new 20V MAX* system, we will continue to support contractors who own cordless tools powered by DEWALT’s 18V NiCd or lithium ion stem battery packs. We’re committed to these end users and our popular 18V cordless system. DEWALT’s 18V products are here to stay, and we will continue to manufacture, sell and service 18V power tools, batteries and chargers.

The professional contractor is at the heart of the DEWALT brand, and our product innovations are driven by the needs of professional end users. With the largest cordless systems on the market, DEWALT is the brand users look to as the leader in cordless technology. We’re not planning on letting a single one of those contractors down. Whether you’re looking for the compact size 12V MAX* tools offer, the improved ergonomics of our 20V MAX* tools, or the proven reliability and performance of our 18V offering, DEWALT has your back now and in the future. Stay tuned for more announcements and exiting news for continued expansion and support of all of DEWALT’s battery types and voltages.

*With respect to 12V MAX*: Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 12 volts. Nominal voltage is 10.8.

*With respect to 20V MAX*:Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.

• 1 month later...

not going to happen. the lowes i went in in amsterdam ny had great deals on 18 volt. employee told me they are going to start pushing new 20 volt line. home depot in amsterdam has even less to offer. once they are gone, they are gone.l

not going to happen. the lowes i went in in amsterdam ny had great deals on 18 volt. employee told me they are going to start pushing new 20 volt line. home depot in amsterdam has even less to offer. once they are gone, they are gone.l

Not true at all.  THD and Lowes will utalize the space they have with whatever they have the most demand for.  They see the 20v line as being a hit, so they are making room for it.  Regardless of what other companies do, DeWALT is committed to the 18v line, recognizing that it is has the largest market share of any tool brand/line in the country, and one of the best in the world.  If you feel like spreading your OPINION, be sure you preface it as such.  18v is not going anywhere.

its not an opinion of mine, im going by what  is told to me in the box stores. if lowes and home depot start dropping the 18 volt line, how long can dewalt keep standing behind it. that is a huge market share loss. dont get me wrong, i love dewalt tools, i have quite an investment of tools, as a professional contractor, they are my tool of choice, and i have quite a collection of the 18 volt line. if i didnt already own the 18 volt, i would buy the 20 volt. i think they are great.

18v is not going anywhere.  Definitely don't take the word of a Home Depot or Lowe's associate on the future of a separate company.  I used to rep DeWALT in The Home Depot, and the stuff they pass off as "fact" is absolutely hilarious at times.  There are some AWESOME associates who really know their stuff, and there are a lot more who fake it.  I can tell you definitively that 18v is here to stay, and though Depot and Lowe's do do represent a significant piece of market share for DeWALT, the far majority comes from non-box stores. 

If you are happy with your 18v, stay with it.  If you are not invested in it, or do not like it, go with 20v MAX.  It really is a choice, despite all the effort by others out there are trying to say that 18v is going away.

Archived