DEWALT 18v vs DEWALT 20v MAX

kanxrus

I only have time to do one of these test's. After the result's are in, I will create another poll, or topic asking how you guy's want the test to be completed.

I am not a fan of the Lithium batteries. It is true I have had only one experience with them but they do not seem as durable as the 18 volt Ni-cd system.

How about a comparison , sometime in the future, between two similar tools but with the different batteries?

Must say that a comparison between the new dcd985 20v max and the old dcd970 would be interesting. Of course this is a matter of personal taste but I Think that a drill/driver is a must have for most and the impact is a nice tool but not as wide in use as the drill/driver. Thats why I want to see a test between dcd985 and dcd970.

I also think that the new electronic have bigger impact on the dcd985 compared to the impacts. Maybee I´m wrong but I think it is smaller differences between the two impacts and the two drill/drivers.

Have a nice time.

I voted to see the impact drivers instead since my impact driver has virtually replaced my drill.  If I had another vote, I would like to see the DCD950 vs. the DCD985. 

The DCD950 is the same tool as the DCD970, except that it it packaged with a lithium battery.  The power coming out of the tool will be the same, just that the two chemistry's will react differently to different environmental and use conditions.

Thanks for the info.  I thought the DCD951 was the nicad version of the DCD950.  Maybe the DCD951 is just like the DCD970 except with a cheaper jacobs chuck.  Do you know the answer? 

I voted to see the impact drivers instead since my impact driver has virtually replaced my drill.  If I had another vote, I would like to see the DCD950 vs. the DCD985. 

The DCD950 is the same tool as the DCD970, except that it it packaged with a lithium battery.  The power coming out of the tool will be the same, just that the two chemistry's will react differently to different environmental and use conditions.

The DCD950 is XRP5 NiCd. Meaning it is the 5th generation of XRP from Dewalt. DCD970 is the XRP5 Lithium version. Like Kjones said, the DCD950 and DCD970 are identical drill's. Only difference is the battery that come's packaged with the drill.

The DCD951 is XRP3 and resembles the DC988, I'm pretty sure it is a DC988.

• 7 months later...