Talk About a Crazy Day on The Job Site!

DR99

I'm just glad the guy was able to be rescued in time. Man structure fires are scary when my neighbors garage caught fire 2 years ago it shocked me how fast it went up. Once a fire gets going it really takes off like crazy. I will say the guy looked more like a supervisor or the GC with the type of clothes he was wearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg9PWSHL4Vg&feature=youtu.be

It gives HOT NUTS a whole new meaning. I worst think I have ever seen on a job site was a trench collapse and that guy was not so lucky.

That's a big problem and if OSHA gets a phone call about a guy in a trench with out adequate wall shoring prepare to bend over. The other thing OSHA is really anal about right now is using harnesses of any sort of open elevated work. Those are the 2 big ones OSHA likes to hit jobsites with fines on.

That's a big problem and if OSHA gets a phone call about a guy in a trench with out adequate wall shoring prepare to bend over. The other thing OSHA is really anal about right now is using harnesses of any sort of open elevated work. Those are the 2 big ones OSHA likes to hit jobsites with fines on.

I used to teach trench shoring and safety. If you are in a trench collapse the only thing the harnesses and tag line are good for is finding the body.Why you my ask dirt weights then you think 1,890 to 2,160 pounds per cubic yard.

Sorry should have clarified that when I was talking about a harness I was talking about elevated work not subterranean. Yea when your buried in sand or mud the cable isn't going to do much good. The only place that a harness does help is in a confined space like a tank where you could get overcome with fumes and can't self rescue.

I'm not a big fan of stick built apartment buildings not that masonry matters in most cases because they don't fire block the walls good enough it's all over for a building once the fire gets in the attic. I wonder what the cause of the fire was there are so many things that can start fires on a job site a plumber sweating pipe to an electrical issue to some one being careless with a cigarette.

Sorry should have clarified that when I was talking about a harness I was talking about elevated work not subterranean. Yea when your buried in sand or mud the cable isn't going to do much good. The only place that a harness does help is in a confined space like a tank where you could get overcome with fumes and can't self rescue.

Don't be sorry I sounded like a dick. I was not trying to say you where wrong a lot of company's have a harness and part of their safety procedures when working in a trench. I think that they have in their procedures to CTA. Now working in a confined space is a whole another animal. 

• 7 months later...

That is a crazy video. I think he deserves the rest of the day off. It's amazing how fast structures get burn down. Given that the inside looked empty, air flow was probably helping spread the fire more quickly.

Haha, at least an extra long lunch break!!

It sure did go fast.. I'm assuming it had no drywall installed which would have helped slow things down a bit