Ticks

pepin

I run an American Bulldog Kennel and Ticks are BAD for dogs they can even transfer lime disease and kill dogs. My yard unfortunately has no grass just dirt weeds and TICKS!!! I really don't want to pay an exterminator....does anyone have any good remedies for getting rid of ticks for good!?

Chickens Pepin. Check you City ordinance but if you want ticks gone and fresh eggs get some chickens. The ticks are like little M&M's to 'em

That's exactly what I was going to say. Chickens or guinea fowl. Guinea fowl are also good for snakes.

Thanks guys but it seems you have never owned an American Bulldog...anything that comes into my yard gets eaten...poosums, birds, gophers and the occasional wandering chicken (yes neighbors have chickens and horses)...so chickens are not an option lol

Sounds like ur in the country and I don't think there's much of a solution but. Commerical pest control or animal medication mabey both due to the amount of land... ill deffently get back to u about it for sure at most by mid next week, we have comerical pest control we use as a vender for our properties at work that I can get an anwser from...

Pepin u got a link to check out ur dogs? Love pits my self...

Here is my website although it is a  mess cause i havent found someone to fix it for me yet..

http://abpositivebulldogs.com/

and here is my FB that i really should update more often...lol

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AB-Positive-Bulldogs/155740707784658

Sounds like ur in the country and I don't think there's much of a solution but. Commerical pest control or animal medication mabey both due to the amount of land... ill deffently get back to u about it for sure at most by mid next week, we have comerical pest control we use as a vender for our properties at work that I can get an anwser from...

I was trying to save money....but that might have to be the route to take :(

Feed them a poisoned dog maybe?

LOL! well that is technically what Frontline and Advantix is...but it is pricey stuff

Looking good... I have a friend I grew up with that has ben in the business for a while... check his site out, it can give u some ideas on construction... he's pretty pricey but if ur interested in adding to ur line up for bloodline check him out, verry official.. at solidlinebullies.com. wanted to get into it myself but don't have the time funds or space for it... the next dog I get will be a bull terrier, love them dogs

Looking good... I have a friend I grew up with that has ben in the business for a while... check his site out, it can give u some ideas on construction... he's pretty pricey but if ur interested in adding to ur line up for bloodline check him out, verry official.. at solidlinebullies.com. wanted to get into it myself but don't have the time funds or space for it... the next dog I get will be a bull terrier, love them dogs

Thanks....I love these dogs! They are a LOT of time a LOT of money and even MORE POOP! LOL! This is a hobby for me because if i made a business out of it I would have gone bankrupt a LONG time ago! LOL!

your friend has some nice dogs but those are Pit Bulls (American Pit Bull Terriers) Mine are American Bulldogs ;)

• 4 weeks later...

yea there are a LOT of Pit Bull people out here for sure...

We have a Chihuahua Pit Bull Mix. I am not kidding! She is beautiful and such a sweet heart. We rescued her from the orphanage.

A year later we got her a Chihuahua Miniature Pinscher to chew on. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The active in Frontline is Fipronil and it is a very good molecule for the control of fleas, ticks, ants, and termites ... etc.  If you can get a product called Taurus  and or Termidor, they are both Fipronil products for termite control. People use this to treat their yards even though it is not labeled for it.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Ticks are a nightmare. We had major problem with them during basic training down in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Some folk found ticks in very private areas lol.

Gotta agree with not have chickens etc around bull breeds. I owned a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and they seem to have that baiting instinct for those types of animals. But they were bred in England for ratting so forth. Love American Bulldogs. I see there are a few breeders who have some orignal bulldog stock from the 1800's.