Little gathering for insurance

Pennywise

You know Pennywise, thanks for starting this topic. Really...REALLY important for you guys to do this. Insurance companies love to stick it to their members when it comes to claims. Photographic evidence is essential in your investment. I'm new with Festool and already over 3k in that investment. Not to mention my other tools.

• Like 1

Also two more things Pennywise, how do you like your Panny saw and is that a Festool Quadrive in Black and orange?

To be honest the panasonic metal saw doesn't get used that much as we have the Hilti 22v metal saw at work and for any proper wood cutting I use the festool.

Yes it's a festool quadrive but the original, made by festool under the protool brand, I've had it about 4/5yrs now and it's still going strong, also it's only a 12v version or 10.8v to be precise, very very light but can drive some massive screws they've taken the 12v out of the new festool rebranded range which is slightly annoying.

I was curious about Panasonic, I've read mixed reviews. That's really cool that Protools made that drill so long ago. Do they do that before fielding their own brand? Can't wait to see those come over this side of the pond!

I was curious about Panasonic, I've read mixed reviews. That's really cool that Protools made that drill so long ago. Do they do that before fielding their own brand? Can't wait to see those come over this side of the pond!

It's one of the original saws with ni mh batteries, it was good at the time, really it's just a backup :). They don't normally try stuff out with protool it's just they had a separate brand that was only available in certain countries, it's now been totally got rid of and has just been rebranded as festool as it has better worldwide brand recognition. Can't praise the protool enough, that 14.4v Hilti in the background was around 6months old when I got the protool, it hasn't seen the light of day for yrs again it's just a backup lol. You guys do get the rough end of the stick when it comes to new tool realises, probably why I could never live state side lol.

This is a great idea for anybody that has a large amount of tools. I had my work trailer broken it to a few years ago and lucky for me the wife had video everything in side it made it some what easier to deal with the insurance company.

I went through and inventoried every tool I owned a couple years back. When I told my insurance agent the approximate replacement cost of my tools he about had a stroke. I took pictures just in case.

The inventory fell by the wayside though. It was like a full time job keeping up with it.

• Like 1

Like I said somewhat easier. When I gave my agent a price list he stated to tell me I over paid for my tools. I told him that's how I make my living I looked out the window and asked him if that was his BMW. He said yes it was he did a lot of driving to meet clients. So I told him you can do that on a moped but you choice not to just like my tools I can buy crap but I choose not to. They replaced them but it took some work.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Every now and then I like getting everything together for a group shot, so there are no disputes with the insurance company if things go missing :).

Missing kit

Festool t55 saw and rail

Festool cxs drill

Fein multimaster

Hilti VCU 40 vac

penny it looks like your from the uk with 110v tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk