New Milwaukee M18 Fuel Cordless Bandsaw!

DR99

Everyone has a preference but I will say I do like all brands so far. Can you specify the question? Is it why it took them so long to be the first brushless bandsaw? Or why it took them so long to to make a cordless one with the largest capacity? Or took them so long to come up with the first one to have corded power? Take your pick

Well, everyone has an opinion, but I don't see it as earth shattering. It is good R&D to update tools, for sure, and I love to see innovation in power tools. It's not the first cordless full size band saw on the market. Milwaukee actually beat themselves to that with a M28 version many moons ago. Makita has also had one in their 18v lxt line for quite some time. They both had what most commercial contractors would call corded power. They both cut faster than their corded brothers. So, Milwaukee went brushless and added some capacity. Good stuff, but nothing for me to personally fawn over, having previous experience with other units, and five years or more ago.