Tough Jobs

djslater

That's why I got gutter guards for my garage. Thank god I did the freaking trees are brutal around it. I have a pine that drops needles and a cottonwood that drops leaves. I try to hit it with the Ego Blower before it becomes an issue. I just pisses me off as they are not even my tree's they are the neighbors, and the one tree is way too big for the lot and should be cut down and the pine shouldn't have been planted on my fence line. I already need to crop up some Branches do they are not hanging over the roof of my garage. I would be willing to split the cost of having some one cut the 2 trees by the garage down. It's an easy quick job. I could do it but Its not worth the risk of me getting hurt. The only trees I have is a 3 weeping cherry trees and the one in the back yard is dying all the bark is peeling off. The crazy winter did it in I think. I don't mind that its dying I kinda hated that tree anyways it never got any taller so it was a pain to mow.

As an engineer at sea I've had a few bad jobs. Climbing inside boilers or diesels is always hot and you get burned not to mention oily or sooty. I once told my Petty Officer to flush the sewage pumps on a cruise ship with fresh water right at the start of a watch, four hours later at the end of a watch he came in to the control room: "Sir, eh sorry but I forgot to turn the fresh water flush off the sewage pump." I ran down to the engine room to find the ten cubic metre tank spraying raw sewage out of every seal at 116 psi! We laughed to be honest and with a karcher HP washer it was cleaned up pretty quick. The absolute worst job though is anything to do with the food waste system on a cruise ship. Sewage is one thing but I have yet to meet anyone who can smell the slightest whiff of pulped food waste in bulk and not instantly throw up. I've even seen grown tough guys having a full on tantrum when tasked to just open a tank up. It has to be done in full chemical suit with full fire fighting breathing apparatus so as you're isolated from the stink. Even now it gives me nightmares a decade later.

Today I worked at a hospital and had to cut into a toilet waste line with a grinder to add a fitting to pick up a floor drain on the next floor above. It was gross besides the smell I had to wear a suit with goggles and a face protecting shield so the splatter didn't get on any exposed skin. Not even a close quarter snapper would have gotta g into this tight space above a duct.