Well Conductors bad Tool Luck has Spread to Me

DR99

My little Ryobi blower puked out its guts today. The plastic impeller just shattered from age and the torque of the motor. It's not a vac so It does not suck things up. It was perfect for cleaning up the yard after cutting the grass. Looks like an EGO 56 volt blower is in my future.

I just picked up the Ego blower and have to admit its pretty awesome it has so much more power than my old Ryobi its not even funny. What used to take a few 10 or so minutes with the Ryobi you can get done in no time with the ego. Plus their technical support is contracted to a company in Michigan, so they are bringing jobs to my state which is pretty awesome.

• Like 4

Are you gonna try to fix the Ryobi?

I was going to try to fix as it would seem like an easy fix, but I looked online and can't find the impeller as a replacement part. The only thing I could find is the stickers and air tube as replacement parts they also listed the charger and battery too but that's not really relevant to fixing the tool. I even went as far to see if I could find the parts on the Craftsman 19.2 version as they are both made by TTI and look identical except for the color. It looks like its going to end up in the trash :( IT kind of sucks everything else is fine on it except the impeller.

I was going to try to fix as it would seem like an easy fix, but I looked online and can't find the impeller as a replacement part. The only thing I could find is the stickers and air tube as replacement parts they also listed the charger and battery too but that's not really relevant to fixing the tool. I even went as far to see if I could find the parts on the Craftsman 19.2 version as they are both made by TTI and look identical except for the color. It looks like its going to end up in the trash :( IT kind of sucks everything else is fine on it except the impeller.

I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes.

The Ego Blower peaks my interest. A blower is about the only piece of power equipment I could realistically go cordless with.

The next thing thing up to buy on the Ego line in the Hedge trimmer. The D handle on My Ryobi Hedger Broke last fall I could get a replacement, but the power of the Ego is pretty tempting. The other thing is the Ryobi blade is looking pretty haggard too so by the time you add everything up for replacement its looking like not the best investment. I will say they did do a lot of things right with the Ego system the charger has a fan in it to cool the cells while charging, and the blower was built with a brushless motor. The only down side it's a blower only with no yard vacuum function which might be a deal breaker for some people. I will say Kato is going to be crushed I'm using less and less Ryobi tools now. There are some Ryobi tools that I have that are still handy like the vacuum and tire inflator, but things are slowly getting replaced by other brands.

An occasional use tool like a hedge trimmer is perfect for a cordless platform. If you take the the time to store a gas tool properly by draining the fuel and (if you're really anal) fogging the motor, it's a pain in the ass for a tool you use once or twice a year.

I had a gas power hedge trimmer at first and it worked great the only thing was it was heavy as hell and a pain to start and you smelt like 2 cycle oil after using it. Then a few years later it became a pain to start because back in my younger days I probably didn't maintain tools as well as I should have.

Well I have been using the same electric black and decker hedge trimmer for fifteen years. It works great and I am floored to say that it's a black and decker but pulling the extension cord a hundred feet to where I use them is a pin in the butt.mive bee thinking about the Ryobi trimmer because of the 18v platform and my want to get the finish nailer in the cheapest fashion possible but ego does have quite the amount of reviewers!

• Like 1

I will say the Ryobi hedge trimmer worked great for years. The only thing is they could have used stronger plastic on the handle it just couldn't handle that little extra torque from being suck on a branch. My neighbors planted a big hedge on my fence line so it have to maintain it so my side doesn't get over grown. To be honest it pisses me off why do I have to spend money on tools and use my time on something I didn't even plant. The A-hole should just manned up a paid to have a privacy fence put up heck we might have kicked in some money towards it.

• Like 1

You should plant a nice shiney Ivey on the lot line. See how long it takes him to figure it out :>

On the other hand, you can take some highly concentrated fertilizer in a sprayer and write A-HOLE on his lawn in the middle of the night. If a few days as the grass turns brown, he will have a permanent reminder of what he is. Now you may be asking how do I know this AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA friend told me that’s it a friend told me, or a miss spent youth.

• Like 2

On the other hand, you can take some highly concentrated fertilizer in a sprayer and write A-HOLE on his lawn in the middle of the night. If a few days as the grass turns brown, he will have a permanent reminder of what he is. Now you may be asking how do I know this AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA friend told me that’s it a friend told me, or a miss spent youth.

I have never done this! I swear. It was Roundup! :D

• Like 1

A landscaper friend had a client that "couldn't pay him" almost two months after he finished the job (half million dollar home)  so he dumped roundup into the sprinkler system :)

I do have a bunch of concentrated Glyphosate I bought last year http://www.homedepot.com/p/Compare-N-Save-1-gal-Grass-And-Weed-Killer-Glyphosate-Concentrate-75324/203112358. I will have enough generic Roundup to last me a lifetime. It's crazy what the name brand stuff costs. It costs 45 dollars for 1/2 the amount of the name brand Roundup Concentrate. I used to buy the premixed stuff but that's a huge scam all your paying for is expensive water. I'll be honest I'm surprised some accountant hasn't made it that you add your own water at home and charge the same price. I bet they could save a ton of money in shipping costs the containers would weight next too nothing with just concentrate in the bottom. Wow that went way off track sorry guys! I just hate seeing waste and paying too much for something when their is a much better option online.

• Like 1