Windows

EEtwidget

So now that the balcony project is complete. (Aside from a few changes that need to be made). It's time to focus on windows. We currently have cheap single pane windows and shitty doors. I am hiring a guy to install the 2nd story windows but I’ll take care of the 1st floor stuff. He is sending me a quote for the install and has given the homeboy hookup for labor. My question for you is..

What’s the best window?  Milgard, Superior Engineered Products, Premium Windows and Doors

I’m not really looking for anything too fancy, just the standard double pane vinyl window should be enough. I know Milgard is good but $$$ doesn’t always translate to being the best. If Superior is just as good a product for a little less money, I would go that route. However, if Milgard really is the best.. by a long shot, I’ll pay a little more.

Give this a read 

Are High-Performance Windows Worth Their High Cost? Simple payback may not be enough to justify the investment in triple-glazed windows, even in a cold climate

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/qa-spotlight/are-high-performance-windows-worth-their-high-cost

Also I will send you a good PDF to read so check your mail

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...