Review: FEIN 4 Speed Drill - ASCM 18 QX

dwain

Hey everyone,

If you want (or just want to lust over) a serious drill, look no further. This thing was nearly twice as fast as my DCD985 (before its crippling) at small diameter steel drilling ...

The fillers in FEINs 18v range, have a very short review here:

• Like 1

Hey Chris,

That is absolutely FEINs intention. It's just gonna take them some time to get the majority of 14.4V tools to the 18V line, and probably a couple of years to get German designed and made compact drill, drivers, wrenches etc...

I would really like to have that drill but the Milwaukee fuel is good enough for what I drill into. I wonder if we will see Milwaukee put more gears into their gearbox it seems like some of the higher end brands are making that move.

Yep, it would certainly be my tool of choice, but way above my needs. I think the number of gears required depends on the RPM. For a tool up around 2000 RPM, I like having a three speed, but two will do. For the FEIN, you need at LEAST three, and four is nice!