Life time warrenty

chadlanthier

Yea, It's not ever a real lifetime warranty itst's called a lifetime service agreement. I think they use that term to get out of any legal issues a real lifetime warranty would have. The LSA only applies to the tools TTI builds for Ridgid the other tools have different warranties. I have heard some good experiences if you can swap your batteries out at your local Home Depot, but if you use a Ridgid dealer it can take months before the replacement comes in. I have a Ridgid table saw but that's it. This guy wasn't very happy about his Ridgid Drill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59tEfsoChCg

Unfortunately they have to make people meet certain requirements.....because so many would go to craigslist, flea markets, swap meets, and yard sales to buy old RIDGID tools & then go to Home Depot and try to swap them out with brand new ones......like a rusty old craftsman wrench.

Reading into it, it looks like they will replace batteries & serviceable parts ---- such as brushes, but it is not a "replacement warranty"....nor should it be.  The lifetime of any cordless tool in my opinion is 5 years or less....simply because batteries & chargers cost more than a new model tool after that amount of time....there is a reason Milwaukee has a 3 year warranty on batteries (for example).....that is when they start to fail.  And on power tools it is 5 years.....same thing.

If someone pays $100 for a drill & uses it consistently for 5 years.....they will complain on year 6 that it broke.....and cannot imagine that they got $20 in value PER YEAR of use.  I am surprised many companies offer anything close to a replacement warranty after that long.....car companies sure dont & people pay $40k for one of them!

The problem with the term "lifetime".....is that the companies want it to mean "lifetime of the tool" & the owner wants it to mean "until they bury me".

• Like 1

Hilarious and entertaining as that video may be, it's also mildly disturbing.

Clearly that gentleman has some sort mental deficiency. But hey, I've been there. Every time I go to the DMV or watch cable news for more than 5 minutes I want to burst into such a fit.

Normally I'd say warranty is over emphasized. It hardly crosses my mind when buying a tool, but Ridgid did give the impression of a lifetime warranty, even if the fine print says otherwise.

• Like 1

Wow DR. That's just sad. I'm thinking this guy has some serious issues at home. I will say, my first lithium drill was a Ridgid and the batteries crapped out. I got them replaced without incident. I went to the local service center. Handed the guy the batteries and I got two new ones. I'm thinking this guy might need to learn you get more with sugar than spice.

• 2 weeks later...

It's my first rigid tool. I have had no problems, but I expect a company to stand by their products. In the modern day of technology they can check the serial number and it will tell them everything. Including who purchased and when. So why do I need to send them my receipt and UPC code from the box.

• 2 months later...

not only did the guy have an anger problem looks as if he has a drinking problem as well....who the hell cares if ya smash up a dead drill and battery set you wanna impress me go buy a new one and rip into it with your big ol hammer........then you would show Ridgid who's boss.....lol

• 1 year later...

Is it just me or does rigid seem to make u jump through to many hoops just get the life time warranty. I don't know it just seems to turn off to their products.

You must provide the proof of purchase for the lifetime service. I can understand the reasoning behind having to provide the proof of purchase, there are many stolen items out there so why would a company want to offer warranty to someone that did not pay for the tool.

RIDGID LSA is based on the 17 yr old that works the front desk at the warranty department at your closest authorized service centre on a Saturday morning when he don't want to be there........either you get a new tool no questions asked or he writes down abuse cause it didn't work and it was dirty....

RIDGID LSA is based on the 17 yr old that works the front desk at the warranty department at your closest authorized service centre on a Saturday morning when he don't want to be there........either you get a new tool no questions asked or he writes down abuse cause it didn't work and it was dirty....

That wasn't my experience at all. I had a battery from a nailer die. I went to the tool rental counter. They checked the battery was indeed dead. I had the nailer and charger with me. They confirmed the battery was registered and called in the replacement. They sent me a replacement in the mail which showed up the next week. I called and registered the replacement.

Seemed easy to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had 6 get bumped back to me so i had to mail in sales slip and now wait and see what happens. Kind of a crappy set up Ridgid has. I also signed on on there forum and I cant post or private message anyone. I have hit the contact us button and explained my issues three times and never once have I gotten a reply. 

I just had 6 get bumped back to me so i had to male in sales slip and now wait and see what happens. Kind of a crappy set up Ridgid has. I also signed on on there forum and I can post or private message anyone. I have hit the contact us button and explained my issues three times and never once have I gotten a reply.

Hmm that's not so good, hope it works out. Did you take them to HD as advertised?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have had some random bump backs in the last couple months. It's really irritating. One that really gets me is 1 of 3 on the same receipt got bumped back. I bought a jobmax, a battery/charger and rotating tool attachment. The jobmax battery and charger got approved but the attachment didn't.

I hope printed copies of email copies of receipts are good enough.

I have had some random bump backs in the last couple months. It's really irritating. One that really gets me is 1 of 3 on the same receipt got bumped back. I bought a jobmax, a battery/charger and rotating tool attachment. The jobmax battery and charger got approved but the attachment didn't.

I hope printed copies of email copies of receipts are good enough.

What happened to them that you needed to send in for warranty?

No. I didn't need to send them in. There is nothing wrong with the tools. I attempted to register for LSA online. They reviewed my submission and came back and said some were approved. Others weren't. The ones that were not approved required me to mail in the original receipt. Then they'll get back to me.