New Makita 18v reciprocating saw please

NERemodeling

Hey Korno,  i know the question was directed at Bishop but i think i can answer for you in case he isn't around..   he can certainly chime in as well

the only differneces i can see between the BJR181 (re model numbered as the XRJ02 which includes star protection) and XRJ03 (this was the same as the old BJR182 just new model number) is that the XRJ03 lacks a rafter hook and the LED lights..   my guess is that they are the same motor, as the specs for cut capacities are the same on makitas website.   

Hmm we dont have the XRJ03  in Belgium.  Still stuck with the DJR181.

Bischop, would you say that the newer XRJ03 has more power than the older type DJR181? ( or BJR181 )

As far as I can tell from Makita's listed specs, they have the same power. I don't stock the BJR181 / XRJ02Z because it is so much more expensive and there isn't any demand for that model. IMO, they should just discontinue it.

you've got me pretty excited about the new BL model being close to release.. can you spill any beans about it?    pictures??

i know you haven't been told a release date yet but could you guess or at least be sure to post or email me as soon as you find out more

I saw it at Las Vegas a couple of months ago during the World of Concrete expo. I didn't take any pictures. Once I find out more info, I'll let you know.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys

My friend needs a small reciprocating saw for small hard-to-get-to places that his 18v sawzall is just too big for

Since I am on the  milwaukee m12 platform I showed him my m12 fuel (brushless) hackzall which was great for his needs. Now since he's already invested in the makita 18v line he'd like to stick to it and was wondering if anyone has any input on the 18v makita SMALL reciprocating saw I think its the Makita XRJ01Z. His main concern is that the holding style isn't as control oriented as the milwaukee one. Any thoughts on that?

Alright kornomaniac, you got any more dirt for me?? Can you twist some arms?? :)

Brushless?

18v x2?

Avt tech?

badass crazy amounts of power!?!?

Hoping all the normal goodies like rafter hook, led and adjustable shoe are a given..

also judging by all their new tools I imagine it will have a battery fuel gauge.

Gimme something... anything! I'm dying over here. Lol

I got something for you i heard from a makita rep that a 36v worm drive is in the works!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I got something for you i heard from a makita rep that a 36v worm drive is in the works!!!!!!

That would be bad ass! I've got the 36v 7 1/4 sidewinder and the brushless 6 1/2 saws and they are both great The new bl saw Islamists powerful as the 36v though I can't imagine what they could do with a brushless 36v saw!!

That would be bad ass! I've got the 36v 7 1/4 sidewinder and the brushless 6 1/2 saws and they are both great The new bl saw Islamists powerful as the 36v though I can't imagine what they could do with a brushless 36v saw!!

I am literally about to order the brushless 6 1/2 saw from makita. is it any different powerwise from the 36v one?

I am literally about to order the brushless 6 1/2 saw from makita. is it any different powerwise from the 36v one?

Same power plus blade on left and lighter!!!! Its a badass circ saw one of the most powerfullest cordless.circ saws out it can keep up with a worm drive easy on speed n power

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...