Have to do some surgery on my Iphone

DR99

The vibrate feature on the phone will only work intermittently, or not at all so I have to perform some minor surgery on my Iphone4. I know its old now but it works great except for that problem and its slow. The other thing is fixing it will only cost 7 dollars, and that includes the tools to do the job. I'm sure they are cheap Chinese crap at that point but for a one time use it's ok. I can't live without my phone not having a vibrate feature. It's so hard to hear a phone ring, and I don't want to be woken up at night with a phone call or text.

I'm just too cheap to go back under a contract for a phone though. The next phone if I get a new one this year will be an Android because its the only option for a new phone that isn't under a contract that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I have heard really good things about the Motorolla G and the new 2.0 version is supposed to be even better. For 180 dollars with out a contract I think that's a nice phone. It will be weird to switch I have always had an Iphone as my smartphone. Oh I take that back I had a Motorola blackjack with windows mobile but that thing was a joke even back then. As I'm getting older I really don't care about how cool my cellphone is now.

Don't feel bad DR I still have the iPhone 4 and like u said it still works great and my funds won't allow me or wifey to upgrade right now but my Causin has the iPhone 6 and I think it's a really smooth running phone and the camera even at night is really good. And 7 bucks to fix it urself that's good did u youtube to c how to fix it?

This seems really easy the part is really accessible. I have watched repair videos They have you remove the battery to do the repair for some reason. I don't see the need to the part looks easy accessible without removing the battery. I'm hoping to keep it living a little longer It looks in great shape :) It does what I ask of it and being on an individual cell plan sucks. If you can figure out to hook on someones family plan its the way to go. They have some really good family plans now and its like 10/15 more per line. If i give them 200 dollars that more than covers his costs for the year of me being on his plan, I'm still ahead that way its 50 bucks for my straight Talk unlimited service.

Im pretty sure I will skip the battery removal. I may just pop the connector at most. All the videos show it being removed but the pictures and comments say its overkill. You can get the vibrator in and out easy. I found out using an app that my vibrate works in you tap where its located. It seized up some how.

The vibrate function was working great all day till this evening. It's not completely dead yet it seems. I want to be in a zen state when I take this on, so I don't mess anything up taking it apart and putting it back together.

wow no vibrate jokes, very civil forum! Reminds me of when I accidentally left my phone in my pants and they got washed. I took the phone apart to dry it and the funny part is that it would have been fine had I left it alone but I accidentally snapped a ribbon cable. It was a dual sided candy bar phone and one side was dead LOL- you know me even in its poor condition I sold it on craigslist

cool your fixing it yourself DR but if it helps a good phone for super cheap has been the nexus line since the nexus 4, your getting a 600+ phone for half- anytime now they should be announcing the next nexus

also you could look into tmobile or their other provider metropcs which both offer 4 lines everything unlimited for $100 thats only 25 a person and plus they have payment plans on the latest phones so you can use the money you save on the latest phones without paying extra in the end

Well the first attempt to fix it ended in failure the replacement part was bad. I got the new psrt in today and the phone is working great again! This fix was pretty easy everything was right in the open after you removed the back cover.