DEWALT Power Pack

RickyMcGrath

6 20 volt batteries wont be cheap!! Unless you can't run one a small Inverter generator would be the way to go in my opinion. I still like the idea though don't get me wrong.

I have 22 various 20V's. So I'm super stoked about it. The idea of simultaneously charging six batteries is really what excites me.

Why do you need 22

I've managed to acquire most of them at VERY VERY low costs. 5-6 were given to me, several were bought with various tools at extremely discounted rates. Some open item returns, some non stock. Caught a few "free battery" deals on line and in stores.... And so I have 22. I can easily go through 10-12 in a day. Yesterday I burned through eight 3.0's drilling concrete for anchors. I also occasionally outfit my crews with specialty tools and they need batteries too.

• Like 2

I'm happy with my 4 XR packs I have 2 2amp and 2 4amp. Then again I use them for doing mechanical work, because an air compressor to power the tools I would need costs over 1000$, then again I still am looking for a cheap Mac tools 1/2" cordless impact, or waiting until Dewalt makes a brushless high torque impact.

I've managed to acquire most of them at VERY VERY low costs. 5-6 were given to me, several were bought with various tools at extremely discounted rates. Some open item returns, some non stock. Caught a few "free battery" deals on line and in stores.... And so I have 22. I can easily go through 10-12 in a day. Yesterday I burned through eight 3.0's drilling concrete for anchors. I also occasionally outfit my crews with specialty tools and they need batteries too.

Are you using an SDS for that kind of drilling or just a plain hammer drill? If you are doing that much concrete drilling you might want to upgrade.

Are you using an SDS for that kind of drilling or just a plain hammer drill? If you are doing that much concrete drilling you might want to upgrade.

I have the DCH253 SDS Rotary Hammer. I still holes up to 1.25" for anchoring dock levelers & bumpers for 18 wheelers. I always drill progressively when going that large and step up at least twice, often three times. 1/4", 3/4" then 1-1/4".