Sawstop Jobsite Table Saw

regopit

Yea, I was going to do a little write up on TIA about the new saw. I love the idea, but I think the way the guy when around using the legal system to enforce his patent was kinda crazy. He wanted to ban saws that didn't sell his system. Or you could get a track saw besides using a dado is there anything a track saw can't do over a table saw for most people?

• Like 1

Yea, I was going to do a little write up on TIA about the new saw. I love the idea, but I think the way the guy when around using the legal system to enforce his patent was kinda crazy. He wanted to ban saws that didn't sell his system. Or you could get a track saw besides using a dado is there anything a track saw can't do over a table saw for most people?

I have cut a many of dado's with a router 

I think they stopped making them because they had too many safety issues, and Sears was paying money for you to destroy you old craftsman used one. The other thing is the Mitersaw took the place of a radial arm for most people. Even though you could do more with a radial arm saw.  I think you could get a couple 150 to 200 dollars if you sent the motor in to sears as part of the recall. So people would cash in on the old saw and buy something else than get the retrofit safety kit on craftsman radial arm saws.

$1200 initially then $69 for a new brake and $50+ for a new blade each time someone trips it. Not worth it to me. Been using table saws since I was 10 years old. Only accidebt was in shop class when I was 13, had the stock kick back and smack me in the groin. Sawstop wouldn't have helped.

I didn't hear the story - what is it all about?

He lobbied and whined for months and months trying to get various governments to require all table saws to be Sawstop equipped which would have drove the price of every table saw on the market to skyrocket.

• Like 1

He lobbied and whined for months and months trying to get various governments to require all table saws to be Sawstop equipped which would have drove the price of every table saw on the market to skyrocket.

He though he had a killer app innovation on table sawes, but it was too expensive to make and license so all the companies that made table saws passed on the offer. I also heard but it could be bs if they did add it to their new saws it could increase their liability in lawsuits because whey didn't they have it sooner. Talk about Saw Stop pops up a few times about legal things.

If it was like $100-150 more per saw. I think I would eat the cost what he wants is just freaking crazy, but his prices are high because he can't get the volume to bring the price down $1,300 on a saw from pictures that looks cheap I'm sorry it does is just way too much. Plus like I mentioned before track saws do most of the heavy table saw work now. They are just not marketed well at all. No in store displays or anything thing that. to explain the what its about.