M18 Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum 0880-20

happy prospector

I just received the M18 2880-20 Vacuum yesterday and  wanted to report my first thoughts about it.

I installed the M18 XC battery and started to vacuum out my truck and with the supplied crevice tool, the vacuum worked great, plenty of suction, cleaned all the tight spots and cornor areas. I then switched to the supplied wide nozzle and tried to vacuum the carpet- NO GO. With the wide nozzle there was not enough suction to clean the truck carpet of the short grass, dried mud, sand etc. The wide nozzle might work for dirt, sawdust, or shavings on a work bench but it ain't got the suck for using it on carpet.

The XC Battery lasted 11 minutes, then I installed it with a 5.0 Battery which lasted about 17 minutes to finish the job.

This little vacuum will be great for the smaller jobs, but it isn't for cleaning the whole shop. But being able to carry it right to the spot that needs to be cleaned up without dragging an extension cord around will be great.

The one thing I dislike about the 0880-20 is the short (around 6 feet) Vacuum hose. While cleaning the truck interior, trying to reach the center of the cab with vacuum on the ground it was a stretch and got a little tiring attemempting to hold the hose stretched out to finish the job.  I will be looking around to find another hose about 9-10 feet long to use with this vacuum.

Overall I like the 0880-20, I would like to see a little more power, but what it has works good.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give the 0880-20 a 8.5 rating

I don't know if any other battery powered vacuums have better run time. I have a Ryobi 18v cordless canister vacuum,

and that gets used all the time around the house. It's to the point I don't know how I could live with out it. I keep on wanting to jump in and buy the Milwaukee vac but I'm afraidan updated version would be released a few months after I bought it. That's how life seems too work for me.

I don't think the Milwaukee 0880-20 is supposed to replace a corded, full sized, shop vac, but for the smaller jobs it will work out great.

One thing I did buy this unit for though is for when I go gold prospecting and will be vacuumong out the cracks in bedrock, this small lightweight vacuum should work just dandy and I expect to vacuum out a goodly amount of gold.

And yes DR99, I would excepect a new, updated version out in a couple of months.

I bought this a month ago and run it on the 4.0 batteries. My dog was shedding all over the truck and the car, so I figured it made sense to go with this unit for the small jobs I needed it for (sawdust and dog fur). I went in with appropriate expectations because it is a cordless unit, and am very happy with it. Beats the snot out of standard homeowner solutions for cordless cleanup. Run time is enough to clean out the pickup.

Pros: portable, stackable, fairly lightweight.

Cons: short hose, only the crevice tool is really useful.

I would suspect you could get one of the air turbine brush heads for a standard vacuum and modify it for use on the Milwaukee, which might make tasks like pet fur cleanup easier.

• Like 1

Works great for picking up after myself on the job. That's all I bought it for, and am happy with it. Roughed a timber frame barn the other day, picked all my shavings up with it in the areas where sweeping was difficult. Used 2 batteries, but I've got plenty. Sure beats dragging a cord out.