Will milwaukee make a 5ah for m12?

Anonymous

I'm going to agree with Comp here. I've just finished moving the laundry appliances over to the other side of my basement to expand my woodshop. I used....and boy is it sweet....my M12 Fuel Hackzall. The 4.0 battery pack (I have two plus a 2.0) are freakin' awesome. Super long run timme. Cut a bunch of old nails in the base,ent walls, tore down a big work station etc. buzz buzz buzz. Still at three on the gauge. 5.0 for my two little cutters would be great but I don't need to spend it on that. Now my new DCD985 hammer drill is running 3.0 and I was killing those batteries with my 20v saw and hammer. Looking to score a 5.0 at some point.

The 5ah 12V battery will be arriving in D + 2 weeks.

Where D = the Date you purchase the 4ah battery.

The scariest equation known to power tools. I'm always paranoid about buying tools that have been out for quite a while.

On topic, I'm happy with my 4.0 packs with my Fuel hackzall, etc. 5.0 seems like overkill. If they switched to 5.0 in kits I wouldn't complain though.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the M12 compact batteries, they are the best thing about the M12 line.   Have a couple 4.0 batteries but rarely use them.  If I want extended power I grab my M18.  But I'm sure if you do get the 4.0 batteries the D+2 weeks rule will come into effect.