Makita family portrait

NERemodeling

I dont use any apple products but i would imagine its all the same..   

for pictures you have to be in the full site (desktop) version, not the mobile version..    if you are on a phone you can switch by clicking the button that is at the very bottom of every page that says "full version"   

in the reply window at the bottom of every topic you will first have to hit the "more reply options' button

in the new screen you will see below the text box that it says "attach files" and under that "choose files"   click choose files..   now in the new window that will pop up scroll through your computers or phones pictures and select the ones you want, (on my pc you have to click "open" to send it to the TIA website)

on my pc ti will automatically upload the picture to the website but not put it in the post, on my andriod phone i have to click "attach this file"

now you see that it is just below the text box,   there is an option to add to post or delete,   click your courser or tap in the text box and i usually hit enter twice to seperate my pictures from my text, then click "add to post"   the picture will appear and your done!

hopefully i didnt over complicate that too much, i tried to include as much detail as i could   if you have any problems then let me know..    

if anyone else out there knows an easier way please chime in :)

post a picture of the whole family if you can.. feel free to post them right in this topic, it by no means needs to be only about my collection my 18v stuff but it can be a place for everyone to show off their Makita goodness!!

come on guys, lets see them!

Got the delivery today... Will post a pick of the rest of my Makitas when I get a chance.

• Like 1

Thanks BigMikez,, I realyy like the look of these new tools, especially the hammer drill. Can't wait to break the cherry off of these bad boys...

That hammer drill will make you grin ear to ear..   its badass!!

nice looking bunch you got there!  looking forward to seeing the rest of the family

Wow!    thats quite the spread of tools!!!      palm sanders to pipe threaders, geez you do a little of everything dont you! 

what exactly is your line of work?

as im sure you noticed, all the pictures are flipped..   sometimes if your taking them straight from a mobile device they load weird..    maybe one of the moderators can flip them for  you otherwise you can try loading them to your computer, clicking edit on your post, deleting the pictures and then reloading them from the computer..     wait and see if a moderator can help first though..

Wow!    thats quite the spread of tools!!!      palm sanders to pipe threaders, geez you do a little of everything dont you! 

what exactly is your line of work?

as im sure you noticed, all the pictures are flipped..   sometimes if your taking them straight from a mobile device they load weird..    maybe one of the moderators can flip them for  you otherwise you can try loading them to your computer, clicking edit on your post, deleting the pictures and then reloading them from the computer..     wait and see if a moderator can help first though..

Thanks NER,,, I cut my teeth in the residential plumbing/heating trade in the late 80's through the mid 90's then landed a Union Job with the Operating Engineers in NYC, from 1996-2014. NowI'm with the same company but no longer Union , working in their Residential operation Dept.

I used to do a lot of side work with a cousin of mine that is in the same business as me, kitchens, bathrooms, boilers etc. We wanted to do all the work ourselves from the gut to the tile and trim work. We both loaded up on a lot of tools over the years..

My Dad is a Master Carpenter by Trade (78 years young) we try to do a lot together when we have the time for family and friends. I never get bored of adding more tools to my collection. I also have a QEP 10" and a MK 7" wet saws that are not pictured along with a slew of hand tools.

I noticed about the pics as well but when I open them up on my I-Pad they are right side up? Not sure why?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Newest member of the family!! Just showed up yesterday so I haven't gotten to use it yet but will soon and I'll report back
it's smaller than I expected which is a good thing
I've been using a Bosch 11236vs up until now so I'm excited to see how they compare, I think the stats are pretty close

post-49019-0-60999700-1427692519_thumb.j

Thanks NER,,, I cut my teeth in the residential plumbing/heating trade in the late 80's through the mid 90's then landed a Union Job with the Operating Engineers in NYC, from 1996-2014. NowI'm with the same company but no longer Union , working in their Residential operation Dept.

I used to do a lot of side work with a cousin of mine that is in the same business as me, kitchens, bathrooms, boilers etc. We wanted to do all the work ourselves from the gut to the tile and trim work. We both loaded up on a lot of tools over the years..

My Dad is a Master Carpenter by Trade (78 years young) we try to do a lot together when we have the time for family and friends. I never get bored of adding more tools to my collection. I also have a QEP 10" and a MK 7" wet saws that are not pictured along with a slew of hand tools.

I noticed about the pics as well but when I open them up on my I-Pad they are right side up? Not sure why?

sorry i must have missed this,   man, it seems like you have a ton of experiance, a lot of which im sure came from your old man!  Its cool that you have the ability to work with your family on some side jobs, im sure that can be a good time!! 

adding tools will never get old!  its weird but it is one of the most simple pleasures in my life.. new tool in hand i have a smile from ear to ear.. been that way my whole life and i expect to be that way until i die

Thanks guys!

Chris, no sign of the jigsaw yet, coming from Canada so I'm thinking it might take a little longer.. on the edge of my seat

Yeah John, that looks like a REALLY nice jigsaw. I'd really like to consider that but another battery platform....? Plus I've only got one Makita in my shop, my Magnesium Hypoid. Awesome, truly awesome saw. But alas no batteries.