Makita family portrait

NERemodeling

Here is my current arsenal of cordless makita.

I've added a decent amount to to it recently so I thought I would round them all up. The 11 open batteries are all 3ah, the new 2 pack is 3ah and the 5 new single packs are 4ah.

Started this back in 09 and all the originals (minus one charger that died) are still alive and well. Trust me, they don't get babied, especially the older ones.. they have seen it all.. rain, mud, drywall/plaster/concrete dust freezing temps, over 100* temps, fallen off roofs and just plain hard use.

I have probably had 5 batteries die on me in that time but none that were less than 3 years old.. in fact I still have one battery from 09 that won't quit and 3 from 2010 that are strong as ever.

I'm looking forward to the release of the new impact and the new circ saw!

I'm also thinking of getting the 18v string trimmer for home in the spring.

post-49019-0-35051400-1419312156_thumb.j

• Like 5

Not much Makita here either... 18v hammer drill, 4" corded angle grinder, some Impact Gold bits, and some impact sockets.

I do see me picking up some additional 18v stuff, like the tiny little impact driver coming out next year, and the hyphoid saw is in the running for when I get a worm drive saw (though I probably will get the Skill 77 Mag LT).

Not much Makita here either... 18v hammer drill, 4" corded angle grinder, some Impact Gold bits, and some impact sockets.

I do see me picking up some additional 18v stuff, like the tiny little impact driver coming out next year, and the hyphoid saw is in the running for when I get a worm drive saw (though I probably will get the Skill 77 Mag LT).

So BK, how are you liking your new hammer drill?

It is so nice to see the family getting along so well at this Holiday season. Well except for uncle Festool he has turned his back on the family or it could be he is just reaching for a shot of Jägermeister just to get through the day with that side of the family. 

• Like 1

So BK, how are you liking your new hammer drill?

Well, Chris, I've been so busy with Christmas and work about the only thing I have time for is to take a trip to the garage and pull the trigger on the drill and make "vroom vroom" sounds and grunt like Tim Allen.

• Like 1

Hahaha well good for you none the less! I've been pounding the heck out of my DCD985 down in the basement drilling Tapcons. The bit is warped like an 1/8" off center. Shoulda bought Bosch bits! I've been working the hammer like crazy and cutting 2x PT and 1/2" OSB for the half walls with my new 20v saw and have to admit....Dewalt is doing me good. I'd still like to give Makita a re-whirl again but....not going to spend too much more on these guys for a while.

Here is my current arsenal of cordless makita.

I've added a decent amount to to it recently so I thought I would round them all up. The 11 open batteries are all 3ah, the new 2 pack is 3ah and the 5 new single packs are 4ah.

Started this back in 09 and all the originals (minus one charger that died) are still alive and well. Trust me, they don't get babied, especially the older ones.. they have seen it all.. rain, mud, drywall/plaster/concrete dust freezing temps, over 100* temps, fallen off roofs and just plain hard use.

I have probably had 5 batteries die on me in that time but none that were less than 3 years old.. in fact I still have one battery from 09 that won't quit and 3 from 2010 that are strong as ever.

I'm looking forward to the release of the new impact and the new circ saw!

I'm also thinking of getting the 18v string trimmer for home in the spring.

attachicon.gif20141222_222132.jpg

Hey NE....what's the hard tail in the background?

Thanks everyone! As for the batteries, yeah there are a bunch but what good is a cordless tool without a battery!

Comp, that could be a good idea.. charge them up over night, drive to work using them.. take them out when I get to the job and work with them and then click them back into the car and drive home!

Chad, I agree!! Must get more batteries :)

Samuel, what the wife doesn't know can't hurt her!! Haha. Jk.. I'm "mostly" open about my tool purchases with her and she realizes I use them to make a living so she's cool with it.

Some days, especially when we're using power hungry tools like the blower a lot we burn through batteries like it's nobody's business.. it isn't always convenient to charge on job sites and it's so much faster to just have several fresh batteries near where were working and grab a fresh pack and go.

It is so nice to see the family getting along so well at this Holiday season. Well except for uncle Festool he has turned his back on the family or it could be he is just reaching for a shot of Jägermeister just to get through the day with that side of the family.

It was a struggle getting them to all smile for the picture. Some of the old folks are still a little bitter about the new BL's taking over the family :)

You spotted Ole uncle festool! He carries around some of the most used.. he may be in the minority in this picture but when they are all tucked away in the trailer he is definitely back in the majority.

• Like 1

Hey NE....what's the hard tail in the background?

Full suspension..

Cannondale Scalpel 3 29er.

I love the woods and being outdoors, get bored moving to slow, love a thrill, wanted another dirt bike (rode when I was younger) realized I'm getting fat and need the exercise more than a dirt bike so this is what I landed on! It's a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice line up of tools NE. I just ordered Makitas hammer drill/impact driver kit that comes with the 7 1/4" 36v circ saw from Tool Barn.Looking forward for that to arrive.

Hey Mikey,  i must have missed your post,   Thanks man!      Is that your first jump into Makitas or are you adding?      that is one hell of a kit especially for that price with the saw..   their impacts are great, that drill is insane and the saw has tons of power!  the stock blade on that saw is really nice actually . 

thinking about it, you most likely have them by now... what do you think so far?

• Like 1

Hey Mikey, i must have missed your post, Thanks man! Is that your first jump into Makitas or are you adding? that is one hell of a kit especially for that price with the saw.. their impacts are great, that drill is insane and the saw has tons of power! the stock blade on that saw is really nice actually .

thinking about it, you most likely have them by now... what do you think so far?

I'm slowly adding to my Makita collection, have a impact driver, chipping gun, demo hammer. I used to be a big fan of Porter Cable, but not any longer. I have a porter cable 315 cordless hammer drill that no longer has the umph it used too. So I turned to Makita for a cordless hammer/drill driver and saw this deal and couldn't pass it up. The tools should arrive on Monday, they did not have them in stock. I think that deal lasts till the end of this month, you can also get Makitas 36 volt rptary hammer instead of the circ saw.

I'll post pics of the kit when it arrives

• Like 1

Hey Mikey, i must have missed your post, Thanks man! Is that your first jump into Makitas or are you adding? that is one hell of a kit especially for that price with the saw.. their impacts are great, that drill is insane and the saw has tons of power! the stock blade on that saw is really nice actually .

I'm slowly adding to my Makita collection, have a impact driver, chipping gun, demo hammer. I used to be a big fan of Porter Cable, but not any longer. I have a porter cable 315 cordless hammer drill that no longer has the umph it used too. So I turned to Makita for a cordless hammer/drill driver and saw this deal and couldn't pass it up. The tools should arrive on Monday, they did not have them in stock. I think that deal lasts till the end of this month, you can also get Makitas 36 volt rptary hammer instead of the circ saw.

I'll post pics of the kit when it arrives

post a picture of the whole family if you can.. feel free to post them right in this topic, it by no means needs to be only about my collection my 18v stuff but it can be a place for everyone to show off their Makita goodness!!

come on guys, lets see them!

also Mikey, if you want to quote a post then just click the quote button on the bottom right of the post, make sure to type your response outside of the blue box

if you are on a phone then you have to first tap on the post and it will expand it slightly, thats when the quote button will appear,   there is no blue box on the mobile version, just make sure you dont alter the html at the beginning and end of the quote and type your response after all the quoted text. 

also Mikey, if you want to quote a post then just click the quote button on the bottom right of the post, make sure to type your response outside of the blue box

if you are on a phone then you have to first tap on the post and it will expand it slightly, thats when the quote button will appear,   there is no blue box on the mobile version, just make sure you dont alter the html at the beginning and end of the quote and type your response after all the quoted text.

Thanks John, let me test this out