The 2014 Christmas Haul

Conductor562

So, what did everyone get for Christmas? As expected, I got the Fuel grinder and 7-1/4" circ saw. I also have $180 worth of HD gift cards that will surely add another member to my Milwaukee family.

I'm thinking a couple of bare M12 tools. Maybe a right angle drill, just depends what mood I'm in at the time.

post-515-0-12281100-1419569762_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice hauls guys!

Conductor, I would reconsider the right angle drill if I were you.. it's probably my least favorite m12 tool.. the trigger control is a little funky and it's very underpowered. The overload protection cuts in way too easily. I'm hoping they upgrade it soon to fuel as its in desperate need.. I'm just one man's opinion though, I'd be curious to hear what others think about it.

• Like 1

Given your testimony, I'll probably pass on it as well. It was more of a "handy now and then" type thing anyway.

I've thought about an M12 drill driver. I've got the 12 Mac in the shop for the winter, but come spring it'll be back on the trailer and I've took a liking to the smaller size for many applications. I'm not really even concerned whether it's Fuel or not to be honest.

I'm also considering the 3/8" Fuel impact wrench. Again, I have the Mac in the shop for winter, but it'll be back on the trailer before long.

The only thing even remotely tool-related I received was a certificate towards a new smart phone. I guess it will be easier to surf for new tools during down times at work.

Travis:

1. As others have said, the M12 right angle drill is pretty 'meh'. I think I've used mine once. If you want to play with one for a couple of months, you are welcome to use mine.

2. I have the M12 Fuel hammer drill. I like it a ton.

3. I love my M12 Fuel 3/8" impact wrench, but it is certainly not overwhelmingly powerful...

My girlfriend got me the Milwaukee 6 1/2" fuel circular saw,  M18 LED Lantern/Flood Light, and two of the M18 5.0 batteries.  I think that the 7 1/4" saw might have been better, but since I am left handed the 6 1/2" saw does fit me better.

You gotta love a girl that thinks RED though.

BTW she is a red head.

• Like 3

BK: Thanks for the offer, but you guys have changed my mind on the RA drill.

Do you ever use the hammer function on the M12 drill?

Never. I have access to 18v DeWalt rotary hammers at work, so I don't really need it. Now that you mention it, I'm a little curious how well the hammer function works....

I got the M18 Fuel Grinder, and M18 Blower. Plus the Hole Hawg I got from Dan and Eric I cant wait to put that through its paces. The next big purchase is an Impact wrench, SDS drill, laser distance measure, and some really nice nut drivers. That's one the big list of things I would like to have.

Only tools I got was a magnetic wrist band and knee pads then again I kind of gave myself a M12 grey heated hoodie and am loving it.

Other than that I got a new belt I needed one badly, a compact folding snow shovel.

Best gift was this though was a well my 2 little brothers are 4 and 6 and they got some kick but Nerf guns so my parents gave me a modest one to even the score I have probably played with them for 4 hours in only 2 days really brings back the kid in me.

I got the M18 Fuel Grinder, and M18 Blower. Plus the Hole Hawg I got from Dan and Eric I cant wait to put that through its paces. The next big purchase is an Impact wrench, SDS drill, laser distance measure, and some really nice nut drivers. That's one the big list of things I would like to have.

DR let me k ow how u like the blower man I seen it today at HD and almost picked it up CUS u really liked the ryobi blower but my grandma and aunt stole mine I want one for the garage.

my wife got me the bosch 47p bit set, 13p jigsaw blade set and a 3p jigsaw blade set, definitely happy about that, because my new jigsaw just came with 3 or so stock blades. then she added some giftcards from HD, lowes and amazon.....best wife ever :P

plus I got a bada$$ right angle driver from the TIA santa - cant wait for next year to try it out. I already know for what I gonna use it, outdoor furniture - the tight spaces you can barely reach with a driver

Well, Conductor Jr. and I went to HD to spend our gift cards.

I decided I wanted an M12 drill, and had pretty much decided I wanted the 1/2" Fuel kit (2403-22) for $179. When I got to looking at it I thought "damn, that's big for a 12V".

Holding it up next to the M18 Fuel, it was the same length and damn near as tall. I also looked at the brushed 2407-22 kit for $99.

Seeing how the whole purpose of getting an M12 drill was to reduce size, weight, and bulk, the 2407 at nearly half the price just made more sense. I got it, some consumables which included a 40T Diablo for the new circ saw, and went on my way.

I also bought a pair of the Milwaukee scissors. I hated paying $20 for them when there were other nice scissors for half, but I have to admit the Milwaukee's were the nicest scissors there.

I also took a trip to the HD store today and picked up a bit set ($9) and a freud 10" 60t blade with my gift card.... funny I had the Milwaukee angle scissors in my hand today but put them back......

20141227_2028201.jpg