Grizzly 3-Speed Hanging Air Filter for $109

madman_us

Hey Chris, A 4" round sheet metal pipe is a bit undersized for what the filter can output on high. 6" would be better if you have that option.

Here is a quick reference for different duct sizing and cfm ratings.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/equivalent-diameter-d_443.html

Dude! awesome! Thanks for that :D

Hey Chris, A 4" round sheet metal pipe is a bit undersized for what the filter can output on high. 6" would be better if you have that option.

Here is a quick reference for different duct sizing and cfm ratings.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/equivalent-diameter-d_443.html

thats a great reference.. thanks for posting

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Madman....it came in last Monday! I have not hooked it up. I've got a commercial electrician coming in Monday adding a box to my service, and running lines up to the bedroom remodel and a bunch or lines in the sop. I'd add the lines but it ,eans going in the box. Chris don't go in the box. Permanent Afro. No thanks. Anyways, I'll be doing an unboxing video and the setting it up hopefully next week.

Hey I just checked the link. The DC is still on sale! And my purchase was flawless. I had the extra dust filters within the week and the unit itself on the following Monday. That's pretty sweet.

I ended up ordering one this morning! I figured for 109 why the hell not

a post on toolguys.Com about a job site air scrubber (for like $1200) made me think this would be a great addition to my fight on job site dust.. one thing customers hate most is you making a mess of their entire house or them having to deal with a fine layer of dust on everything in their house after a remodel.. never mind the health benifit to me and my workers. hopefully this works out like I'm hoping!!

• Like 1

a post on toolguys.Com about a job site air scrubber (for like $1200) made me think this would be a great addition to my fight on job site dust.. one thing customers hate most is you making a mess of their entire house or them having to deal with a fine layer of dust on everything in their house after a remodel.. never mind the health benifit to me and my workers. hopefully this works out like I'm hoping!!

oh the last minute type of guy :P

great that you bought one too - will definitely help on your job site

Chris more is not always better, in the winter if your basement is on the cold side....needs furnace heat to be warm make sure you don't suck out so much that it takes all warm air directly outside........some places that have this sort of thing end up installing make up air...reason I say this is this will be mounted near ceiling where most warm air will be......

Alright NER! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Chris more is not always better, in the winter if your basement is on the cold side....needs furnace heat to be warm make sure you don't suck out so much that it takes all warm air directly outside........some places that have this sort of thing end up installing make up air...reason I say this is this will be mounted near ceiling where most warm air will be......

I hadn't thought of that Comp, thanks for the device dude!

I got to thinking about the something. After looking at some scrubbers on line that I thought were way overpriced there has to be something out there. THats when the light went off in my head. Build a nice rolling cart to set the Grizzle on top then duct it to the outside. 

• Like 2

I got to thinking about the something. After looking at some scrubbers on line that I thought were way overpriced there has to be something out there. THats when the light went off in my head. Build a nice rolling cart to set the Grizzle on top then duct it to the outside.

My thoughts exactly! I was thinking of something more like the folding Dewalt table saw stand to keep it on though. That way things could be as compact as possible in the trailer.. maybe even no stand, just some rubber feet or casters right on the unit..

If there is enough room in the area were working I'll rig it to duct out a window to create a negative pressure.. if I have to run it outside the area were working but in the customers home I would probably let it circulate and just clean the air

post-49019-0-62004000-1425928036_thumb.j

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ethan
    Newest Member
    Ethan