Grizzly 3-Speed Hanging Air Filter for $109

madman_us

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Hanging-Air-Filter-3-Speed/G0738?email=alex.ktm.us%40hotmail.com&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WeeklySpecial_G0738

THIS WEEK'S SPECIAL   Valid February 23 - March 8   G0738   3-Speed Hanging Air Filter     REG. $199.95     $109.95    

Specifications:

• Motor: 1/8 HP, 120V, 60Hz, 1A
  • Air flow: 260, 362 and 409 CFM
  • Timer settings: 1, 2 and 4 hours
  • Outer filter: 5 Micron
  • Inner filter: 1 Micron
  • Weighs 31 lbs.
  • Shipping weight: 34 lbs.
Features:
  • Infrared remote control system adjusts speeds, timer, and on/off controls
  • Easy-to-replace filters, no tools required
  • Inner filter can be washed or blown out with compressed air
  • Includes eye bolts and chains for hanging from the ceiling, or can be used on a workbench

g0738-202ad2c2a7168e64e41c2a9ac17e644f.j

• Like 1

1 micron isn't enough to take care of all the stuff that damages your lungs you need something that is good down to 0.1 microns and those things are not that great because they just pull air in and dump it out only 2 feet away from the intake just get a really good dust collector.

Coupled with a Hepa Midi this is a perfect fit. Plus high density filters will help even more. I will be looking into a direct vent to the outside through my dryer vent that I left in place just for this task when I moved the dryer over to the other side of my basement. This is actually a great fit for my shop.

I don't have the Grizzly but have an identical re-branded unit. They sell this unit under the ShopFox brand on Amazon and the Performax brand @ Menards. We take it on site during remodels and run it all day to help reduce the dust in clients homes. It does very well. At that price its almost worth getting a second one.

I found a place online that makes custom filters. I can get a re-usable, washable filter made for about 20 bucks. If I do that I will report how it does.

• Like 1

ya we have almost the identical unit here local for about $30 more and wondered about getting one too, seeings I have a basement shop now too.....I would run it direct out side as I have done that with my dust deputy/ shop vac and it seems to make a difference.......might be placebo but still

Coupled with a Hepa Midi this is a perfect fit. Plus high density filters will help even more. I will be looking into a direct vent to the outside through my dryer vent that I left in place just for this task when I moved the dryer over to the other side of my basement. This is actually a great fit for my shop.

You should be able to take some sheet metal and make something up or just take your measurements to a sheet metal shop and have one made for under 40 bucks.

• Like 1

Hey Chris, A 4" round sheet metal pipe is a bit undersized for what the filter can output on high. 6" would be better if you have that option.

Here is a quick reference for different duct sizing and cfm ratings.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/equivalent-diameter-d_443.html

• Like 1