Construction books

FrosBros82

Not sure that this really classifies as a "hand tool" but I didn't really know where to start this topic. Anyways, does anyone on here do any reading in terms of construction or DIY books? I have been reading a few DeWalt books and they are actually quite informative and useful. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.  

Thanks, NER. I am always looking to read new things so I can learn how to build better, while also gaining more experience so I can make more money. The DeWalt books are really not too bad, especially since they're about $20.00 or so on Amazon.

thats so ironic that you made this post, i just bought this book off of Amazon.com this week, from what i read in the preview it is really good. its about Larry Hunn's life, he was a long time editor and carpenter for Fine Homebuilding magazine. 

http://www.amazon.com/Carpenters-Life-Told-Houses/dp/1600854028/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1426636754&sr=1-1&keywords=carpenter%27s+life

• Like 1

Rego, I've never really had too much trouble getting my customers to pay change orders, it's more of an internal struggle that I have about what I should and shouldn't charge for.. some times I think I'm too nice.. is the book really helpful?

This book is focus is on commercial work. if you don't know how to navigate the change order possess you can screw your self and you work for nothing. If it makes you feel any better i do way to much for free for people I'm doing work for. Ever time I say I'm not going to do it I still do.    

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's always nice to go above and beyond but you have to know where to draw the line.

I'm going to have to check out some of those DeWalt books, I have seen them in Barnes & Noble before and they seemed pretty interesting.

thats so ironic that you made this post, i just bought this book off of Amazon.com this week, from what i read in the preview it is really good. its about Larry Hunn's life, he was a long time editor and carpenter for Fine Homebuilding magazine. 

http://www.amazon.com/Carpenters-Life-Told-Houses/dp/1600854028/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1426636754&sr=1-1&keywords=carpenter%27s+life

Anything by Larry Haun is pretty good. He also has some old videos to learn from