I'm feeling more and more RED these day's

Nalu Rash

I currently do not own any Milwaukee tools but after doing a ton of research, I think it's time for me to hop on board. I think the FUEL line of tools have really grabbed at me. The amount of innovation they put into all of their tools are outstanding, constantly pushing the envelope. As I buy more and more Milwaukee tools, I'll post them here and give some thoughts.

I'm interested to hear what you all think of Milwaukee Tools. Have any of you made the shift or simply added these to your arsenal?

Dude NaluRash I'm a super Dewalt guy I love my 20v line but I've been adding more and more Red to my arsenal first It started out with post that I put up about a m12 tool I found in a auction car at the shop that didn't come with a battery or charger so my great buddies chrisk and DR99 hooked me up with a battery and charger and then I bought a m12 kit that I got on Black Friday then T.I.A hooked me up with a right angle impact wrench and then I went out and purchased the Beast 2763 1/2 Fuel and I gotta say that impact is the king in my arsenal right now I smile just looking at it lol! Oh yea but I'm still a Dewalt guy 2. I call it the best of both worlds ;)

• Like 1

Me and Chris K converted Bigmikez over to the dark side :) Well I have went through 4 different power tool brands. First it was Ryobi as it was what I could afford but ran into limitations later on. Ryobi is changing that though with some crazy tools now though like cordless nailers and SDS drills. The big thing for me was the cordless circular saw was the worst thing ever. At least in my opinion. Then i went Ridgid found out they didn't have any tools really at that time to expand to at the time. Then it was Dewalt with the 20v right as the launched it and ran into the same problem lack of additional tools at the time. So after I saw Milwaukee introducing brushless tools I jumped over to big Red

• Like 3

Me and Chris K converted Bigmikez over to the dark side :) Well I have went through 4 different power tool brands. First it was Ryobi as it was what I could afford but ran into limitations later on. Ryobi is changing that though with some crazy tools now though like cordless nailers and SDS drills. The big thing for me was the cordless circular saw was the worst thing ever. At least in my opinion. Then i went Ridgid found out they didn't have any tools really at that time to expand to at the time. Then it was Dewalt with the 20v right as the launched it and ran into the same problem lack of additional tools at the time. So after I saw Milwaukee introducing brushless tools I jumped over to big Red

Haha, That's pretty awesome that you guy's hooked up BigMikeZ with a battery and charger. Just goes to show how awesome the community is here. Like a lot of people, I got hooked into the DeWalt 20V Brushless line a long time ago. I love DeWalt, the tools have never failed me, but there hasn't been much innovation for a while. I started looking into purchasing some hand tools, and noticed that Milwaukee has got some great stuff. Then I looked into their power tools and the 7-1/2" cordless circular saw blew me away. The Milwaukee Fuel line of tools will allow people to "cut the cord" without sacrificing power. Pretty awesome stuff. I'm still a heavy corded power tool user though, the cord doesn't bother me too much. But as far as cordless tools and hand tools go, I think I'm gonna go to the darkside and join Big Red. For corded jobsite tools, I still love DeWalt. And for all the other stuff, I'll stay with Bosch until I can afford Festool, lol.

• Like 2

I have been eyeballin the screwdriver set as well. How do you like them. I have the lineman pliers and tin snips and love them, they fit my hands perfectly

Hey Poisonfangs85, sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. 

I'm not an Electrician, but I do simple tasks like putting in light fixtures, switches, and outlets. I've never bought a set of screwdrivers before, I've always used whatever was laying around the shop. Having said that, I really like these screwdrivers. I've noticed the tips really grab screws and have a nice fit. I bought these at HD for about $30. I wish I looked better, they have a similar kit that comes with and ECX screwdriver. The one I bought came with a #1 and a #2 Robertson screwdriver instead. But I bought the insulated screwdriver that came with an ECX to cover my bases.

All and all, awesome set. I can't complain because I'd be comparing them to a mix match of who knows what screw drivers. 

• 1 month later...

Added this to replace my old Greenlee

attachicon.gif20150609_155525.jpg

Haven't used it much, but I like the little light it has.

NaluRash you are going to love that little detector. My Wife bought me one for a stocking stuffer this past Christmas. I use that little guy all the time. I had the Greenlee one for years and this is just way better.

Milwaukee makes a good tool, you can't go wrong there. I got to add more to my Milwaukee tool collection as well, but its going to be awhile cause I already spent more then enough this year lol.

I'm in a similar boat, lol. I'm gonna be adding more and more, but a turtles pace.

NaluRash you are going to love that little detector. My Wife bought me one for a stocking stuffer this past Christmas. I use that little guy all the time. I had the Greenlee one for years and this is just way better.

Thanks for your insight. My Old Greenlee has held up pretty well, even though I have electrical tape holding it together. It's nice to have new tools though, and I'm really liking this detector so far.

you're not alone i am with you too, other than the dewalt 20volt drills i would only buy m18 stuff.

Yup I'm with you on this. I do like the Tstak boxes and the DeWalt corded tools. The DeWalt Planer is awesome. I've also heard great things about the Table Saw as well. DeWalt makes some awesome stuff, but for me, I'm gonna go with Milwaukee for Cordless

And right after having said that, I went out and bought another expensive tool lol. I blame Dan & Erik, its there fault lol. I just couldn't wait, what can I say, like Dan, I charged it to the account. Erik would be ferious with me if I charged it to his account though LMAO! Yeah its all fun and games until someone goes in debt, but at least were buying things which are useful. These tools improve our lives by helping us to build things, fix things. Can't say the same for my 60" plasma tv 0.o

Haha...yeah didn't you just buy the Milwaukee 1/2" Drill/Driver? 2603 or something like that? And Fuel? Haha. I feel you, I'm very practical with my money. It's either Tools, Food or Bills

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1