Wooden bench

A good friend of mine are getting married and wish for a bench.. So I started thinking I will make them one..

Some thing like this .. But mine will be made out of cedar..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-buFtBMH2OLs/U9oxeWrO4DI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/9vlhVFXB0xM/s1600/bænk+28.7.14+019.JPG

https://data-cdn.kjauktion.dk/images/auctions/151/large_1767.jpg

It is taking shape..

post-48769-0-16334600-1432533048_thumb.j

I think I would buckle parts together with stainless steel threaded rods .. and the holes you can see at the top is closed with wooden plugs, but I have not figured out whether it should be of cedar or mahogany

He is a good friend, he was actually my best man at my wedding..

Great job KWC! Funny that too....I'm doing in Fla visiting my parents with my wife and I was in the Lanai looking at one of his flower stands and I was telling him i, going to make Samantha a bench for the big garden we are making out front. The bench you made is really cool in that the way you laid out the seat slats are along the same idea what I've got. I'm going to make a base fame with curves to lie the planks on on edge and curve upwards. This bench you came up with is really modern and has great clean lines. I love the 45* angles and the use of dowels. Awesome job KWC and keep posting pics dude!

• 4 weeks later...