Dewalt Charging Station Idea....

RickyMcGrath

Same here Eric. This post made me hop on the pinterest-train. Was really easy to create a acount for that matter if you choose to log in with facebook

I held off for a while but then I joined to follow TIA. Then after searching a little, there are hundreds of handy posts for wood working and garage stuff. I have quite the little board of things to build.

• Like 1

I held off for a while but then I joined to follow TIA. Then after searching a little, there are hundreds of handy posts for wood working and garage stuff. I have quite the little board of things to build.

I just heard about pinterist from a buddy  here at work last week he does a lot wood working and gets some really cool ideas from there. I gotta get aboard on this

I have to ask a dumb question, why do all the hard work? Why not use the two key hole slots on the back to mount them to a board? If you are worried about knocking them up and off, you can be real lazy and just put one screw above it to prevent it from sliding up or you can run a small strip of wood across the top of the two or three chargers to prevent it from sliding up. It would be a whole lot less work and no potential overheating worries.

I have to ask a dumb question, why do all the hard work? Why not use the two key hole slots on the back to mount them to a board? If you are worried about knocking them up and off, you can be real lazy and just put one screw above it to prevent it from sliding up or you can run a small strip of wood across the top of the two or three chargers to prevent it from sliding up. It would be a whole lot less work and no potential overheating worries.

Unforninately, the DCB101 charger doesn't have the keyhole slots. The DCB112 does but it has half the output amps @ 2.0 vs the 4.0 for the DCB101.

That makes sense now, I didn't even notice the differences between the chargers until you mentioned it. Then I went and looked at what I had and it turns out I have DCB100 with no keyholes, which only charges 12 volts and is the smallest footprint charger and the DCB107 which does have the keyholes. I then took a quick look at the bottom of my DC9320, double 18 volt charger and no keyholes there either. I only have 3 of the 12 volt tools now, and the are my first choice on a ladder or in a tight space. The rest are 18 volts and not close to being ready for retirement.

Good idea, but how do you keep the batteries from shorting out on the metal? Or is there enough clearance on it?

DeWalt 20v slide packs have to he contacts tucked away nicely into grooves. Virtually no change of shorting out. It's not like the old two/three contact NiCad batteries.