Funny story

torontotoolman

4d9c484f85fd56c5765a4bb86741ffef.jpg

Back when i was a flat roofer at the end of the day.... ( we normally were the last guys on the subdivision jobsite) so its friday and around 730 pm we have finished torching a big town house block we are about 3 storys high loading up the cherry picker to get the hell.outta there. we seemed to have over loaded the basket with three 100 lb propane tanks plus a whole lot of other shit and the on top of all that 3 guys one guy being around 250 lbs lol so us knowing we over loaded the basket deside to give'er and take it down and once we have lifted off the roof and ar now in the air to far gone to go back the basket.hydrolics go and ya so we had to ride it down with the basket like that an as we are getting lower the angle in witch the basket is in gets steeper lol needless to say we made.it down fine but ya funny story i thought id share

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hahahahaha....glad your all alright! Wish I was there to witness the hilarity

Ya we had a good lauph after it was a couple years ago anyway but still was fun i was still new to roofing to so a great intro to the world of working at hights lol and the funny thing is too that there was a parking lot with stores and food right beside the jobsite and people had stoped there cars to watch....

Hell yeah, I'd pull over too, lol. I would have filmed the whole thing with a goofy giggle the entire time. I kinda had a similar incident putting up some signs on a wall. It was just me and another guy, we couldn't bring the picker close cause there was a steep hill. We stretched out too far and the wheels started lifting off the ground. Kinda scary. Ended up ditching the picker and setting up some scaffolding instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hell yeah, I'd pull over too, lol. I would have filmed the whole thing with a goofy giggle the entire time. I kinda had a similar incident putting up some signs on a wall. It was just me and another guy, we couldn't bring the picker close cause there was a steep hill. We stretched out too far and the wheels started lifting off the ground. Kinda scary. Ended up ditching the picker and setting up some scaffolding instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ya pickers can be a little sketchy.specialy when your over 30.ft in the air lol but ya what can you do danger is part of the job

Man I think my butt would still be tight even a couple years after taking a ride like that. I personally hate heights and have never really cared for riding in a JLG.

What's really fun is when your in a JLG that's on a barge and repairing the side of a ship. Over time you get closer and closer and then you get further and further. Gotta watch what your doing so you don't get pinched up.

Wow that's something a lot peeps don't go through in there everyday lives glad u guys are ok and ur able to write about and have some laughs bro.i would've definitely shitted bricks lol!!

thanks it was an experience thats forsure but regarless roofing or framing or almost any trade has its dangers its a risk we take to do what we love and make some pretty decent money too

• Like 1