Backward Review???

comp56

ok so for some time reviews have been around in the form of round ups, individuals or head to head with all kinds of products. I know these reviews tend to be released in or around the time the products are new to market or very close......they also tend to focus on cost, performance, options, features ect ect.

I realize some models and or companies release bigger better faster versions pretty fast so there is not a lot of time to add longevity to these reviews....for example.... after approx. 7 months and 12,000 3" deck screws later the impact is showing no sign of wear ......

I say this as most if not all reviews tend to end up with positive results and generally it might be because it is a brand new tool...if it didn't it would be most likely defective or broken......and returned for a good one...

yes longevity is a big word some can make something last 10 years and others can ruin it in 3 months....

I know back in the day when I purchased my first pickup truck it was the best thing since sliced bread ....didn't matter who said what or how they said it I was happy with no regrets. 6 years later different story.......

just food for thought ........

• Like 1

Good point.

One would assume that if the time was taken to review and speak decently of a tool, the same time would be taken if/when said tool then crapped out...

Could be that tools are getting upgraded constantly and the "older one" are getting lost in the shuffle..."Dude, this Milwaukee M12 Drill is DA BOMB...*six months later* DUUUDE!, this M18 FUEL is DA BOMB'ER!!1! *chucks M12 onto workbench never to be wielded again*

I was surprised while I was shopping for a new weedeater at how many young kids were doing reviews on lawn equipment. Apparently kids are getting the power equipment and tool bug earlier and earlier these days.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually that is a great idea. Of course it would be hard to do as the tool may have been a loaner or the user just plain forgets but that's a heck of an idea.

Lol that would be me. I would completely forget one year later and leave all of my devoted fans hanging!

I was surprised while I was shopping for a new weedeater at how many young kids were doing reviews on lawn equipment. Apparently kids are getting the power equipment and tool bug earlier and earlier these days.

I'm 16, and I do reviews on power tools.

I'm an average consumer with my opinions on tools, and I like to share them hoping it'll help someone.

Its better to be spending money on tools than drugs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm an average consumer with my opinions on tools, and I like to share them hoping it'll help someone.

Most definitely. I think it's a great thing, I was just surprised. When we were kids we tore everything apart to see how it worked and then tried to make something new with it. I would have never thought to do a review of the stuff we were working with though. There also was no such thing as youtube when I was 10 either!

Right on!!! Looks like you got a good head on your shoulders 

. Right on man!! Ur on the right path bro!!
  • Like 1

Good on ya mate, great attitude!

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk