Hot glue and its beauty

Kenny Creeden

Hey guys, today I wanted to talk about hot glue. If you have never handled hot glue for some reason, it's pretty much a melted plasticy type thing that forms a bond. This versatile tool has many many many applications, and I can't help but share them. While it forms a very strong bond, you don't want to use it on painted or polished wood, glass, fabric, or metal. I know that seems like a lot of stuff you can't use it on, but when you think of the things you CAN use it on, it weighs out the cons. I absolutely love using it with a combination of wood glue. Allow me to explain, when i'm working on a project that includes wood glue, it just takes too long to set and dry. My solution it to put a regular amount of wood glue on the joint, and then a couple dabs of hot glue. This allows to form a strong bond for the wood glue to dry, but I can also keep working with that joint since it is joined. Now obviously you cannot put significant pressure on the joint until the wood glue sets in, but it works out well in the end.

Hope this helps!,

Kyle

I love Hot Glue, it has so many uses. I've used it to secure wires after soldering on motherboards. Hot Glue works well for quickly making jigs and fixtures in a pinch. 

Lately, I've switched from using Hot Glue to using 2P-10 ( A product by FastCap ).

It's similar to regular old Krazy Glue but it's much better.

Hot Glue is great, but I gotta wait a few minutes for the gun to heat up.

With 2P-10, there is no waiting and there is no heat.

Here's a video overview of the glue.

I have a Pam tite gun, I use it all the time. i have 2 different sticks that have different working time. It is a great tool. I use it in conjunction with construction adhesive. Save the need for clamps.

http://pamfast.com/index.php/news/unique_pamtite_hot_melt_adhesive_from_pam_fastening/

I love Hot Glue, it has so many uses. I've used it to secure wires after soldering on motherboards. Hot Glue works well for quickly making jigs and fixtures in a pinch.

Lately, I've switched from using Hot Glue to using 2P-10 ( A product by FastCap ).

It's similar to regular old Krazy Glue but it's much better.

Hot Glue is great, but I gotta wait a few minutes for the gun to heat up.

With 2P-10, there is no waiting and there is no heat.

Here's a video overview of the glue.

Ok buddy do you know who has the best price on 2p-10?that stuff looks sweet. I am used to using Titebond or gorilla glue. I like those products and they work but they have limitations.

Ok buddy do you know who has the best price on 2p-10?that stuff looks sweet. I am used to using Titebond or gorilla glue. I like those products and they work but they have limitations.

I buy it from my local Woodcraft store. It's about $30 for the 10oz. $13 for the Activator. And the caddy is about $8. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Jimmy diResta is a genius!

thanks Kyle for sharing! Hot glue is definitely an awesome tool. I use it in just about every one of my hobby project: To hold down a perf board into its case, temporarily put together projects to see if I like it or not and to set trim in place.

• Like 1