OCD Heaven

Micheal West

My Tough System drawer units came in today. So, I went to Rockler, and picked up some Kaizen foam.

Just got started getting everything situated, and I'm pretty stoked about it.

I know using foam to organize tools is nothing new, but damn is it pretty!

These are going into my custom trailer. I'm almost done getting everything set up. So, I'll post pics of that soon.

Anyway, I just did the drawer of cutting tools. Check it out.

Before, and after...

post-50763-0-27313100-1436403751_thumb.jpost-50763-0-80242400-1436403756_thumb.j
  • Like 3

It looks really good nice work What's Rockler? lol

My OCD is so bad when it comes to toolboxes and how things are placed in the drawers :/

Rockler is a woodworking supply store. I assumed it was a chain, but, it's possible it's a regional thing.

I go there a lot, for jigs, and such. They are the only place I could find, locally, that carried the Kaizen foam, in stock.

Rockler is a woodworking supply store. I assumed it was a chain, but, it's possible it's a regional thing.

I go there a lot, for jigs, and such. They are the only place I could find, locally, that carried the Kaizen foam, in stock.

Its crazy how every city-state is so different from one another and the way the landscaping changes is incredible   

Nice screwdrivers man! My screwdrivers are so old that I probably have multiple brands in the box. I haven't bought any actual hand tools from popular brands like Milwaukee yet. I guess I look at companies like that more for their power tools. Hand tools you can buy anywhere know what I mean? But I gotta say, I couldn't pass up on buying their tape measure, so much sexyness let me tell you lol.

I assume Dewalt hardens those so that even if you put massive torque on them, the heads won't bend. That seems to happen with cheap screwdrivers, they bend, make you go WTF? lol

I'm the same way, I think companies should focus on there power tools and not branch out into hand tools. They just want all the money it makes you think the tool is going to be of good quality just because of the brand name and sometimes its just junk. 

• Like 1

I'm the same way, I think companies should focus on there power tools and not branch out into hand tools. They just want all the money it makes you think the tool is going to be of good quality just because of the brand name and sometimes its just junk. 

i'm of the same thinking. when milwaukee started putting out all their various hand tools i got really excited and planned to buy a lot of it, but once i got my hands on them, they really didnt feel better than many of the other brands. a lot of them, like the pliers and screwdrivers, just seem way too expensive for what they are. sure they're incorporating a lot of functions into one tool (innovative?), but how many guys really need a wire stripper on every tool in their box? the one cool tool i have is the dewalt hacksaw that can be configured 4 or 5 ways, and even uses recip blades, otherwise these big name power tool guys haven't really impressed me with the standard hand tools. i guess they can't all be winners.

it's obvious they're just trying to capitalize on junkies like many of us are... brand snobs! can't fault them for that, it's good business. and hell, the more of that stuff they sell the more money they make to innovate their power tools. i'm on board with that.

mike, the setup looks great. sometimes i wish i had ocd so my collection could be better protected and get shown off like yours. if i took a picture of my stuff all you would see is bags! and one messy toolbench...

• Like 1

i'm of the same thinking. when milwaukee started putting out all their various hand tools i got really excited and planned to buy a lot of it, but once i got my hands on them, they really didnt feel better than many of the other brands. a lot of them, like the pliers and screwdrivers, just seem way too expensive for what they are. sure they're incorporating a lot of functions into one tool (innovative?), but how many guys really need a wire stripper on every tool in their box? the one cool tool i have is the dewalt hacksaw that can be configured 4 or 5 ways, and even uses recip blades, otherwise these big name power tool guys haven't really impressed me with the standard hand tools. i guess they can't all be winners.

it's obvious they're just trying to capitalize on junkies like many of us are... brand snobs! can't fault them for that, it's good business. and hell, the more of that stuff they sell the more money they make to innovate their power tools. i'm on board with that.

mike, the setup looks great. sometimes i wish i had ocd so my collection could be better protected and get shown off like yours. if i took a picture of my stuff all you would see is bags! and one messy toolbench...

Yup, when I buy a screwdriver I don't need it to be a Swiss army knife I just want a screwdriver